Head of Field Operations - Exploration
Job Type: Full time
IGO is a purpose led organisation with strong, embedded values and a culture of caring for our people and our stakeholders. We believe we are Making a Difference by safely, sustainably, and ethically delivering the products our customers need to advance the global transition to decarbonisation.
Exploration and discovery are core to the IGO DNA; it is a key platform in our growth strategy and our diverse and highly technical teams are actively exploring across Australia, and other parts of the globe. We are searching for the minerals that align with our clean energy strategy, particularly high value nickel, copper, and lithium deposits.
This newly created role will be responsible for providing leadership, management, and support to our Exploration Operations. This is including field services, logistics and asset management, business improvement (BI) and continuous improvement (CI) management, commercial contracts, and administration. The purpose of this role is to ensure that our field operations are run safely, efficiently, and effectively, CI and BI methodology is embedded, and that all administrative, and contract and procurement requirements are met.
Reporting to the General Manager - Exploration you will be responsible for the following areas:
- Lead the Field Services Team with responsibility for the effective, efficient, and safe delivery of field services operations to enable IGO’s exploration activities. This specifically includes planning and logistics for all field activities and department wide asset management;
- Lead the design, development, and delivery of the exploration management operating system (MOS), supported by the Business Improvement Lead
- Coordinate and support the delivery of strategic business improvement projects for the exploration department;
- Leadership and oversight of commercial aspects of the exploration team, including negotiation of contracts and compliance with IGO’s contract and procurement processes;
- Deliver all administrative and procurement requirements for the exploration team, leading the Administration Team
- Ensure all field operations are conducted within IGO’s safety and wellbeing policies and procedures, including all major hazards identified, critical controls in place and field verified;
- Drive continuous improvement methods to improve people, safety, and efficiency to ensure IGO maintains best practice;
- Responsible for adherence to the IGO environmental and land access management system within the field services team;
- Identify, plan, develop and manage budgets for activities and capital expenditure in areas of responsibility to approved schedule and budget; and
- Develop, lead and mentor within a team focused on collaboration and effective communication.
You will need a strong focus on safety, significant experience in a similar role with an emphasis on commercial contracts, operational management, or business improvement in the mining and exploration industry, and well-developed leadership and stakeholder management skills.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will also have:
- Qualifications in line with - Diploma in Project Management, Master of Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or equivalent;
- Proven Experience or understanding with Exploration programs with an emphasis on remote area logistics and travel, surface drilling operations, field surveys and establishing/managing remote camps;
- Strong ability to build relationships and work closely with department managers and senior leaders;
- Demonstrated ability to lead and drive transformation and change initiatives;
- Excellent planning, time management and project management skills;
- Safety focused with the drive to be part of a successful team and willingness to support company values;
- Senior First Aid Certificate or equivalent;
- Valid ‘C’ class manual drivers’ licence; and
- National Police Clearance obtained within the last two months.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click “Apply Now” and submit an up-to-date resume along with a cover letter.
At IGO, our people are important to us. We are bold, passionate, fearless, and fun – a smarter, kinder, and more innovative team. We come from a range of places, backgrounds and experience and we are excited about what we can achieve together. When you join us we will invest in your career and your development, to ensure you achieve your goals, now and into the future. That is the IGO difference.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant