Job Type: Full time
IGO is a purpose led organisation with strong, embedded values and a culture of caring for our people and our stakeholders. We believe we are Making a Difference by safely, sustainably and ethically, delivering the products our customers need to advance the global transition to decarbonisation.
Roster : 4:3 with requirements for operational coverage on an 8:6 basis
Location : Nova Operation, Fraser Range (Southeast of Kalgoorlie), FIFO (Perth) or DIDO (surrounding areas)
Key Benefits: 12% Superannuation, significant bonus opportunity, private health insurance, 16 weeks paid parental leave + more
IGO is offering a rare opportunity to be part of the leadership team at our world class Nova Nickel operation as the Superintendent Geology. Your scope will be to oversee all mine geology functions for the mine which, as a significantly developed production mine, is heavily biased to production support activities that include:
- Review and improvement of operating processes and procedures to improve safety and consistency of work;
- Training and mentoring of staff;
- Optimising grade delivery from stope design and execution;
- Ensuring high quality mapping is conducted for development;
- Maintenance of ore domain wireframes and block models; and
- Resource update and reporting.
With a team of 7 and reporting to the Manager Mining, you will have an unwavering approach to safety as well as a desire to coach, mentor and lead your team to success.
You will also be able to demonstrate the following:
- B.Sc. in Geology accompanied by significant experience in a similar role within an underground environment;
- Demonstrated success leading small teams with a hands-on and collaborative approach;
- Experience commensurate with being the competent person in line with the JORC code (highly regarded);
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills, strong literacy, and presentation skills;
- High level of computer literacy, strong Datamine and R scripting skills preferred;
- A focus on continuous improvement to achieve/exceed industry best practices;
- Valid ‘C’ class manual driver’s licence; and
- National Police Clearance obtained within the last two months.
If you would like to be part of the IGO journey to delivery clean energy metals for a sustainable future, please click “Apply” and submit an up-to-date resume along with a covering letter.
At IGO we are bold, passionate, fearless and fun – a smarter, kinder, and more innovative team. We come from a range of places, backgrounds and experiences, and we are excited about what we can achieve together. When you join us, we will invest in your career to ensure you achieve your goals, now, and into the future. That is the IGO difference.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
Integral member of Leadership Team | Support daily mine operations | Coach, mentor and develop our next generation of Geology professionals