Manager - HSEC - Exploration
Job Type: Full time
At IGO, our people are important to us. We are bold, passionate, fearless, and fun – a smarter, kinder, and more innovative team. We come from a range of places, backgrounds, and experiences, and we are excited about what we can achieve together. When you join us, we will invest in your career and your development to ensure you achieve your goals, now, and into the future. That is the IGO difference.
Exploration and discovery are core to the IGO DNA; it is a key platform for our growth strategy and our diverse and highly technical teams are actively exploring across Australia, and other parts of the globe. We are searching for the minerals that align with our clean energy strategy, particularly high-value nickel, copper, and lithium deposits.
This role will be responsible for providing leadership, management and support to all of our exploration operations relating to risk, health, safety, environment, and communities, specifically land access and cultural heritage obligations. The purpose of this role is to ensure that our people have a safe place to work, that our environmental management responsibilities are fulfilled, and that we have strong heritage protection measures and community relationships in place.
Reporting to the General Manager of Exploration you will be responsible for the following:
- Maintain a high-performing HSEC team that delivers services related to risk, safety and wellbeing, environment, land access, community, cultural heritage protection, and regulator engagement;
- Responsible for continuous improvement of the IGO safety management system for exploration, including the development and execution of the annual Exploration Safety Program of Work based on the management of critical risks;
- Facilitate and maintain Exploration’s engagement with government authorities, Traditional Owners and other key stakeholders, in consultation with the GM Exploration, Exploration management and the Legal team;
- Develop and review processes and procedures to ensure statutory compliance and conformance with external obligations and internal reporting systems, including tenement conditions, PoW/permits, and land access agreements;
- Provide support to line managers to effectively raise and maintain HSEC risk awareness amongst their teams;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Exploration Stakeholder Engagement Strategy and Land Access Strategy; and
- Demonstrate leadership and mentor teams across health, safety, environment, land access and communities.
This is a permanent, full-time position. You will be joining a workplace that offers a supportive, welcoming culture where your efforts will be valued.
At IGO, we understand the importance of maintaining a healthy work life balance offering access to Health and Wellness programs and ongoing training and development opportunities. Alongside an attractive remuneration package, we also offer health insurance for you and your family to the value of $5000, 12% superannuation, and short-term and long-term bonus opportunities.
To be considered for this opportunity you will require significant demonstrated experience in a similar role with a strong focus on health and safety, environment, and land access within the exploration and mining industry.
You will also have the following:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in risk management, or workplace health and safety, or community relations, or environmental management, or other equivalent qualifications;
- Strong workplace health and safety management background;
- Knowledge of relevant State WHS, Heritage/Native Title and Environment law;
- A working knowledge of rural and indigenous communities that interact with and may be impacted by mining and exploration activities;
- Strong ability to build relationships and work closely with people at all organisation levels;
- Experience leading incident investigation (ICAM) teams;
- The ability to commit to regular travel to remote locations;
- Senior First Aid Certificate, or equivalent;
- Valid ‘C’ class manual drivers’ licence; and
- National Police Clearance obtained within the last two months.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click “Apply Now” and submit an up-to-date resume.