Job Type: Full time
At IGO, our people are important to us. We are bold, passionate, fearless, and fun – a smarter, kinder, and more innovative team. We come from a range of places, backgrounds and experience and we are excited about what we can achieve together. When you join us, we will invest in your career and your development, to ensure you achieve your goals, now and into the future. That is the IGO difference.
You will be based in our beautiful corporate office in South Perth, overlooking the Swan River, where you will be immersed in a collaborative, supportive and fun culture and your efforts will be valued and rewarded. Along with flexible working arrangements you will have access to benefits that include competitive remuneration with 12% Super and a bonus plan, a company share scheme, private health insurance and generous paid parental leave. We understand that the work we do is serious, but we find the fun in what we do!
Reporting to the Financial Controller, this role is responsible for assisting in the preparation of accurate, timely and compliant financial information.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Assisting with corporate month end process, including reviewing trial balances, preparing balance sheet reconciliations, posting journals and accruals and drafting analysis and commentary;
- Assisting with the preparation of annual corporate income tax returns, R&D returns and FBT returns including liaising with external tax advisor;
- Assisting with the annual insurance program renewal process, including completing information requests from the broker;;
- Reviewing and analysing the financial and operating results IGO’s Lithium Business and incorporating these into Group reporting; and
- Assisting with group monthly management accounts, budgeting and forecasting processes, half year and annual statutory financial statements and quarterly ASX reporting.
The ideal candidate will come from a professional services background where you have demonstrated your knowledge of accounting and taxation principles and relevant legislation and standards across the mining or construction industries. As well as being a collaborative team member you will also have a strong ability to build effective working relationships at all levels of the business. The ideal candidate will also possess:
- Tertiary qualifications in commerce, finance, accounting or equivalent;
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants or Certified Practicing Accountants;
- Able to explain complex financial information in a clear and concise way;
- High attention to detail and accountability.
- The ability to adapt quickly and work efficiently in a growing and changing environment; and
- A shared alignment with IGO values.
If this sounds like you please click “Apply” to submit an application.
‘We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant’