Distribution Design Engineer
Job Type: Full time
Distribution Design Engineer
Zinfra partners with companies across the utility and infrastructure sectors to deliver maintenance, operations, engineering, and construction services. For our partners, our work is crucial to maintaining the safety and reliability of their electricity and gas transmission and distribution assets.
About the role:
The Distribution Design Engineer is responsible for the design, negotiation, coordination and management of an electrical network to ensure the system integrity and design strategy is achieved by participating and influencing the direction and progression of project works
Your role will also include:
- Designing network, Third Party and Customer Initiated distribution construction projects to detailed specifications covering aspects of technical, safety, environmental, quality and cost requirements and ensuring they comply with relevant design standards, economic and regulatory criteria
- Supporting project manager in design matters when submitting proposals for customer works.
- Providing a high level customer service to internal and external stakeholders.
- Improving operational efficiencies and performance.
- Providing specialist advice to management and staff.
- Playing a vital role in maintaining the short and long-term viability of the business.
A little about you:
To be selected for interview your resume will need to highlight a formal engineering qualification that entitles you to membership of the Institute of Engineers Australia.
- Working knowledge of relevant Standards for the design and supply of line designs and equipment at voltages up to and including 66kV for use within Zinfra network.
- Preparation of designs arranging the layout of equipment for outdoor, semi indoor and indoor Zone Substations to meet the required Australian Standards.
- Project management of distribution design works undertaken demonstrating planning, time management, communication, reporting and financial control.
- Preparation of detailed design on substation, street lighting, underground and overhead designs up to 66KV will be highly regarded.
- Computer literacy skills sufficient to operate common word processing, spreadsheet, AutoCAD and customer information systems.
Experience to the electricity distribution network in design and specialist engineering services will be highly regarded.
During our recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including pre-employment medical, reference checks, national police and work entitlements checks.
Diversity and Inclusion
We understand the value of a diverse workforce and have committed to creating real employment opportunities through our Reconciliation Action Plan. We look forward to receiving applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.