Gas Service Technician (10990492)
Job Type: Full time
Zinfra partners with companies across the utility and infrastructure sectors to deliver maintenance, operations, engineering, and construction services. For our partners our work is crucial to maintaining the safety and reliability of their electricity and gas transmission and distribution assets.
At Zinfra, we are focused on enabling our people to reach their potential, be their true selves and enjoy working in an inclusive environment with a community focus. Prioritising our employees’ wellbeing, equal opportunities and empowering a fully diverse and fulfilled workforce is key; we pride ourselves on meeting our employee’s expectations.
Our people are our greatest asset so having various flexible working options, remote working, paid parental leave and leave purchase plans amongst many other benefits is a key foundation to our success. We are passionate about what we do and we are proud of who we are.
Diversity and Inclusion
We understand the value of a diverse workforce and have committed to creating real employment opportunities through our Reconciliation Action Plan. We look forward to receiving applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
When you join Zinfra, you become part of our diverse, inclusive, flexible and passionate team. We are a team that celebrates International Women’s Day, NAIDOC Week, International Day of People with Disabilities and many other days that matter to our people. Come join us!
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Gas Service Technician to work around the Hunter and Central Coast areas.
Your responsibilities will include
- Complete all programmed and corrective maintenance of Jemena client’s gas facilities and networks within time frames and KPI’s
- Comply with priority “0” procedures, KPI’s and WHS requirements
- Ensure no gas outages due to maintenance and repair techniques
- Reduce “call backs” or rework on work performed
- Be pro-active in improving quality standards
- Report all system and component failures through the respective Jemena procedures
- Behave in accordance with the code of conduct and safety policies and procedures
- Carry out risk assessments on all work
- Assist with resourcing during emergency or critical times
- Provide constructive input regarding issues affecting R&M Zones operations team
- Plumber/Gas fitter or mechanical trade background desirable but not essential
- An understanding and experience working within the Utilities sector, ideally gas
- Hold a current Driver’s Licence
- White card
- Good problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to work well within a team
- Willingness to learn and undertake training
- Trustworthiness and reliability in fulfilling responsibilities
- Experience in use of tools and equipment
- Ability to work on an after-hours callout roster
During our recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including pre-employment medical, reference checks and a national police check.
Notice to Third Parties: Zinfra does not accept unsolicited resumes (or liability associated with fees or costs) from recruitment agencies, search firms or third parties. Interested candidates are welcome to submit their application independently.