Commercial Investment Analyst (Utility Sector)
Job Type: Full time
- Jemena is among the first companies in Australia to be accredited as a Family Inclusive Workplace
- flexible work arrangements, empowered to work your way & agile + additional leave benefits!
- primary & secondary parental leave & well-being and family support benefits
- numerous career development pathways + yearly financial support to upskill
- generous $$$ employee referral program
- empowering you within a fun, diverse and inclusive culture
- group benefits galore for all employees!
- genuine focus on work / life balance
Jemena is an Aboriginal word meaning ‘to hear, listen and think’. We focus on being fun, supportive, collaborative and forward thinking people at Jemena. We also have an array of well-being options to support our people. Jemena & Zinfra are certified as a Family Inclusive Workplace. We are also an endorse employer of Work180 – Jobs For Women. We are passionate about what we do, and we are proud of who we are.
Here's an overview of our role:
We operate more than $11.5 Billion worth of gas and electricity transportation assets.
We have a superb hybrid (flexible working) opportunity for an Asset Investment Analyst to join our Gas Distribution team. This will support a 5 year program; supporting the development of a defined construction & maintenance program that sustains Jemena Gas Distribution assets, from long-term asset strategic planning through to driving customer initiated and asset replacement Capex and Opex works programs.
The role also aids successful delivery of asset works programs through forecasting, governance and reporting of the project management process from initiation to fixed asset realisation, providing data analytics to support scenario analysis and ensuring prudent financial investment decisions are made to enable efficient, sustainable and safe delivery of the program.
- support work with key business representatives to convert the group and market strategies into the Asset Investment Plan’s
- management of rolling two-year Capex and Opex program to support appropriate decisions on asset risk and the approval/re-allocation of Capex so that budget position is maintained
- drive Capex and Opex cashflows and budgets via SAP and other systems to support business requirements
- support data collection, performance monitoring and reporting processes including delivery of the Asset Management Component of five yearly plans and regulatory submissions
- identification of operational risks with planned works and the appropriate mitigation methods are developed and documented in the business case
A little about you:
Do you have an Engineering background with an understanding for numbers? Or do you have a numbers background with experience and understanding of asset management? If you have a SAP background, that's even better. This role is about understanding the program of work that we need to deliver against and where we need to funnel our expenditure. An understanding of asset management is highly important in this role, and exposure to Power BI or similar systems will highly benefit the team.
To set yourself up for success in Jemena, you arise from a similar role in a comparable industry. You hold relevant tertiary qualifications with a strong understanding in Asset Management systems, You have great excellent business acumen to make logical and intelligent decisions, with a continuous improvement mindset.
You showcase the confidence, capability and prioritising skills to navigate competing demands of the various business groups. You are autonomous, thrive in diverse work environments and are able to effectively manage the often changing priorities. Finally, you couple a 'can do' attitude with a positive, friendly demeanor. These traits will ensure success in this critical role.
Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
We understand the value of a diverse workforce, the ability to work from home, and have committed to creating real employment opportunities through our Reconciliation Action Plan. We look forward to receiving applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
When you join Jemena, you become part of our diverse, inclusive, flexible and passionate team. We are a team that celebrates International Women’s Day, NAIDOC Week, International Day of People with Disabilities and many other days that matter to our people. Come join us!
During our recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including pre-employment medical, reference checks, national police check. Notice to Third Parties: Jemena does not accept unsolicited resumes (or liability associated with fees or costs) from recruitment agencies, search firms or third parties. Interested candidates are welcome to submit their application independently.