Job Type: Full time
At Jemena, we are focused on enabling our people to reach their potential, be their true selves and enjoy working in an inclusive environment with a community focus. Prioritising our employees' wellbeing, equal opportunities and empowering a fully diverse and fulfilled workforce is key; we pride ourselves on meeting our employee's expectations.
Our people are our greatest asset so having various flexible working options such as, remote working, paid parental (primary & partner) leave and leave purchase plans amongst many other benefits, and is key to the foundation to our success. We also have an array of well-being options to support our people. We are passionate about what we do, and we are proud of who we are.
- Financial - Salary sacrifice, Bank of Melbourne home loan cashback offers, Solar PPA referrals $300 gift card, employee referrals $5000 for referring a successful candidate
- Leisure/Travel - Car hire and purchase two week's extra annual leave per year
- Community - Volunteering leave and salary sacrifice/workplace giving
- Health & Wellbeing - Salary continuance/insurance, paid parental leave (14 weeks primary carer), private health insurance, fitness and optical discounts, employee assistance program, flu vaccinations and wellbeing grants, along with taking advantage of our supporting families policy
- Technology - Discounts on Office 365, computer equipment, Samsung and Bluetooth
- Drive and commute - Novated leasing, car parking and vehicle discounts
Here's an overview of our role:
Our new Assistant Accountant, will report to the UE Finance Manager and work under their guidance. You will use your knowledge, technical accounting and system skills to assist with the commercial finance team's deliverables.
You will be a trusted resource to both the UE Finance Manager, team members along with the operational business partners.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide adequate analysis & validation financial tools that help the operational teams manage its business. This includes but is not limited to the following:
o Utilisation reports for labour & fleet
o Revenue accrual ageing
o Aged GR/IR invoices
- Facilitate month-end review meetings with Operations in order to validate the financial position of projects/jobs
- Perform a 'risk-based' deep-dive project review on selected/sample projects under the supervision of the UE Finance Manager
- Accurate and timely processing of journals
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations and resolution of reconciling items on a timely basis
- Supporting the UE Finance Manager with the detailed analysis of OPEX
- Analysis of weekly labour cost (time writing) to identify out of trend increased costs
- Follow-up forecast inputs from Operations
- Coordination & preparation of MTD and YTD Actual results vs Forecast vs Budget variation analysis report
- Work with the UE Finance Manager to prepare the annual budget and forecasting cycle for the incumbent's contracts.
A little about you:
- Experience working in another accounting role
- Working towards a Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline e.g. Business, Commerce, Finance
- Knowledge of budgeting principles and the preparation of financial/management reports.
- Proven ability to combine internal and external data to provide insights.
- Knowledge and experience in Data Analysis & ERP systems (Preferably SAP)
- Advanced Excel skills are essential
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team.
- Flexible and open to ad-hoc requests and projects
- Well-developed interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ensures accuracy and shows keen attention to detail
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
During our recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including a pre-employment medical, reference checks, national police check and Australian working rights check.