Securities Services Operational Risk - Associate
J.P. Morgan AU
Job Type: Full time
As a Operational Risk Associate in the Compliance, Conduct and Operational Risk (CCOR) team, you will provide independent operational risk management oversight of and advice to our Securities Services business.
Your new role sits within the Securities Services Operational Risk Management (ORM) team and will provide independent operational risk management oversight of and advice to Securities Services, a J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) sub-line of business, to avoid operational losses. Securities Services offers global and direct custody, fund accounting & administration, transfer agency, investment middle office services, depositary services, custody foreign exchange, liquidity management, agency securities lending, collateral services, and depositary receipts. Securities Services is a leading custodian and provider of fund services that is innovating to meet the evolving needs of its asset manager and asset owner clients.
The Securities Services ORM team seeks an Operational Risk Officer to join us and help execute the operational risk management program. You will report to the head of Securities Services ORM for Hong Kong, who is a member of the Securities Services CCOR management team. By executing the key responsibilities of the role, you will gain skills and make an impact for the bank and its clients.
- Explore and gain an understanding of the primary activities of the business, including key processes and risk controls.
- Assist in the development and execution of oversight of the business, including monitoring and testing activities and challenge of business self-assessments of risks and controls.
- You will also assist with review of new products and services, including data management and analytics, digital asset custody and fund services, and others.
- Review new products and services, including data management and analytics, digital asset custody and fund services.
- Participate in support of regulatory supervision and client due diligence visits.
- Devise and execute oversight of certain business products and services.
Required qualifications, capabilities and skills
- A bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Finance or another related field
- Foundational understanding of the Securities Services products, asset management, payments, securities trading or related businesses
- Entry-level external/internal audit, compliance, operational risk consulting, operations/process engineering, or business controls career experience, education/training or certifications
- Analytical, issue-spotting and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity, capability to learn quickly and ability to manage multiple demands
- Effective communication skills with the ability to provide balanced and credible advice and challenge
- Ability to balance multiple tasks in a fast-paced, complex and evolving environment
Preferred qualifications, capabilities and skills
- You will ideally come from a variety of backgrounds, with diverse experiences and skills to join our team, including a background in legal, regulatory, compliance or similar.
- Experience with any data analytics tools will be advantageous as well as exceptional research and analytical skills with the ability to analyse large amounts of data, evaluate risks and disposition appropriately
- Demonstrate commitment to diversity & inclusion; Partnership building / teamwork skills