Asset Management, Business Development Associate (Internal Client Advisor), Melbourne
J.P. Morgan AU
Job Type: Full time
J.P. Morgan Asset Management is a global leader in asset manager for individuals, advisors and institutions. Our global team of investment professionals provide strategies that span the full spectrum of asset classes.
As one of the largest asset managers in the world, with assets under management of USD$2.5 trillion (as of March 31, 2022), we provide global market insights and a range of investment capabilities that few other firms can match.
This position is a unique and exciting opportunity for an outstanding individual to develop a strong presence for J.P. Morgan Asset Management, in the retail market in Australia.
The successful candidate for this role will bring the requisite skills, experience and demonstrated success in building sales and will be looking to join a dynamic, hard working team.
Reporting to the Head of Wholesale Australia and NZ, this role will be responsible for developing our sales footprint through the financial adviser channel across IFA’s Brokers, and Private Wealth Advisors in the market.
It is envisaged that the individual will have a keen interest in building adviser relationships, as well as a successful a track record in sales related experience the Australian market.
Identifying opportunities, engaging key decision makers and positioning J.P. Morgan Asset Management as their investment solution and preferred business partner, will be critical to success.
The individual will raise the profile of J.P. Morgan Asset Management’s wholesale business, be able to engage at the adviser level, deliver presentations and execute our sales strategy to a broad set of clients.
Key Accountabilities/ Major Responsibilities
- Plan and implement successful strategy for a given panel of advice practices including achieving approved product list and model portfolio inclusions with financial advisers.
- Achieve new funds flow sales targets for assigned financial adviser accounts, majority driven by desk based sales.
- Be an integral part of the sales team in building the wholesale distribution capability and sales effort for J.P. Morgan Asset Management.
- Seek out and develop new business opportunities and relationships to meet sales budgets
- Champion JP Morgan’s presence in the marketplace.
- The position would suit a driven individual looking to build and managed a client base to achieve profitable growth within a dynamic highly energised team
Qualifications/ Experience Required
Tertiary qualification in Economics, Finance or other related discipline would be preferred.
Skills & Experience Required:
- A proven track record in business development in retail funds management across managed funds and/or ETFs
- Ideally the successful candidate will have demonstrated experience and success of developing a similar business in another comparable organization
- The successful candidate should have a minimum of 3 years prior experience in similar client facing roles
- Demonstrated passion for developing and nurturing client relationships
- Demonstrated expertise in investment strategies across various asset classes
- Strong understanding of the financial planning industry
- Self-motivated, able to multi-task and take initiative. Well-organized, detail oriented and adaptable to change
- Exceptional negotiation, influence and persuasive skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as presentation skills
- Travel is required within Australia and internationally