Marketing & Communications, Vice President - 12 month contract
J.P. Morgan AU
Job Type: Full time
J.P. Morgan is looking for an energetic, motivated and experienced individual with a strong communications, media relations or journalism background and a proven ability to produce high-quality content to join the Marketing and Communications (M&C) team for our Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) business in Asia Pacific. The role is based in Sydney.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing and executing a pro-active media, internal communication and marketing strategy for key lines-of-business within the CIB, with a particular focus on Markets & Payments.
- Conceptualising, developing and executing communications and marketing strategies and initiatives, aligned with business objectives, for both the internal and external audiences.
- Creating and managing employee events for local and international leaders, ensuring content is on message and delivery is flawless.
- Developing and writing high-quality and compelling content, including press releases, thought leadership, internal articles, announcements and executive speeches for a broad range of channels including events and social media.
- Managing multiple stakeholders with the ability to partner effectively within a regional team and across business and corporate functions.
- Providing sound advice and guidance to senior executives and stakeholders on communications-related matters.
- Supporting issue management.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in corporate communications, media relations or financial journalism
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Experience in media relations with a track record of successfully delivering coverage in priority publications, or relevant journalism experience covering the financial industry
- Experience in content creation for the financial industry, preferably in the corporate and investment banking or financial innovation space
- Strong team player who celebrates collective success
- Highly responsive with the ability to deliver amid tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as partnering with and managing multiple stakeholders
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and balance multiple projects
- Good knowledge of different channels and platforms to deliver content effectively to targeted audience whether internal or external
- Superior oral and written English communication skills
This role is intended to be for an initial term of approximately 12 months only, however, subject to business needs, the contract may be extended or converted to permanent employment.