Corporate and Investment Banking - Operations - Australia - 2023 ReEntry Program
J.P. Morgan AU
Job Type: Full time
The ReEntry Program is a 15-week fellowship program, beginning March 20, 2023 and ending June 30, 2023, with the prospect of an offer for permanent employment with JP Morgan Chase at the end of the program. The program offers a reintroduction to corporate life for those returning to the workplace after an extended career break for two or more years. The fellowship placements will be based on both business needs and candidate skill set and interest areas within our Corporate Investment Banking, Asset Wealth Management & Commercial Banking Operations business.
Please refer to our ReEntry Overview page for further information regarding the Program
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
The Corporate and Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Operations teams develop and manage innovative, secure service solutions to meet clients’ needs globally. Developing and using the latest technology, teams work to deliver industry-leading capabilities to our clients and customers, making it easy and convenient to do business with the firm. Teams also drive growth by refining technology-driven customer and client experiences that put users first, providing an unparalleled experience.
As part of the ReEntry Program, you will be assigned to one of the following Operations teams.
- Markets Operations
- The Fixed Income Markets Middle Office supports the Cash & Repo/Financing, Syndication, SPG & CIO businesses in Australia & NZ. We are responsible for managing the trader and sales workflow within a dynamic and deadline driven trade floor environment. You will liaise directly with front office, traders and sales staff to assist them in managing the transaction lifecycle, resolve queries and produce reports.
- The Equity Markets Middle Office provides operational support to the Cash Equities, Equity Derivatives and Prime trading businesses. The team works closely with the front office, delivering support to the traders, sales & clients while maintaining a robust control environment.
- Rates Derivatives Markets Middle Office is responsible for managing the trader and sales work flow within a dynamic and deadline driven trade floor environment. You will liaise directly with front office, traders and sales staff to assist them in managing the transaction life cycle, resolve queries and produce reports.
- ASIC derivative transaction reporting team manage daily exception governance across multiple strict reporting regimes covering all Markets products. They interact daily with onshore middle office teams, offshore subject matter expert hubs and out compliance and control partners to ensure our reporting model remains robust and in compliance
- All areas within these groups provide opportunity to execute thought leadership through design and effecting change, often using some of the latest digital tools in the market
- Payment Operations
- Fundamental to the banking system as a whole, the Payments operations team works closely with the Product and Sales teams to onboard and provide support daily across the client base using our product suite. Suite of products ranges for deposit accounts , direct entry , Bpay, NPP , Merchant services and liquidity product solutions across the globe.
- All areas within this group provide opportunity to execute thought leadership through design and effecting change, often using some of the latest digital tools in the market
- Fund Services Operations
- The Fund Services Operation Services Delivery (OSD)/ Client Reporting Team deliver a range of services to institutional investors based around the Asian region. The team is responsible for the production and delivery of client reporting and related accounting/portfolio information. The OSD team is responsible for the day-to-day service management of clients; ensuring queries are answered, problems are resolved and issues are escalated. Act as the point of escalation for the clients, a broad knowledge of fund accounting is required together with sound experience of managing clients
- The Financial Reporting Team produces and validates a suite of client customized reports timely and accurately and take full ownership for all reporting activities, hub governance and project management of service change request.
- The Transfer Agency Team provide daily oversight of Transfer Agency Dealing/Pricing/Dividend/Registration/Reconciliation/FIG activities covering Luxembourg, Irish and Cayman domiciled funds distributed by client fund promoters in Asia. This team is also responsible to process AML/KYC assessments for new account opening and ongoing requirements for account maintenance within applicable deadlines.
- The Investment Information Services Team manage daily client reporting deliveries in accordance to agreed SLA and client queries and prioritisation of change requests by working closely with our business partners on the triage, analysis, build and implementation.
- Custody Client Operations
- Custody Client Operations team is a client facing operations team that serves as the first point of contact for all post trade activities for the Global Custody business. The candidate will be given training on global custody products (e.g. Trade, FX, Cash, Asset Servicing) and process flows. Main responsibility will include covering client enquiries and report analysis; interacting with various operations teams and stakeholders to gather inputs and feedbacks; analyze and identify opportunities for process improvement; enhance control, and to evaluate the impact to the business. Though this, an extensive network within the firm can be established for ongoing development
- Investment Middle Office Operations
- The Middle Office Services Asset Servicing Team is responsible for the management of corporate actions processing from announcement capture to settlements, global projects as well as partnering with our stakeholders across client service, technology, product and implementations to ensure all client Service Level Agreements are met, monitoring resiliency and focusing on trend analysis and process improvement.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Maintain high accuracy and thoroughness when executing tasks.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to be flexible and work in a dynamic environment
- Financial reporting, audit or fund accounting experience will be a plus for Fund Services Operations Team
- Good understanding of security types and their accounting treatment. Experience of IFRS / IAS is an advantage.
- Willing to work additional hours at peak reporting times if necessary.
Applications close on 29 January 2023 - Individuals must be on a voluntary career break for at least two years in order to be considered for this program.