Corporate Chef - Amenity Services
J.P. Morgan AU
Job Type: Full time
As a Corporate Chef in the Amenity Services team, you will be responsible for assisting in managing the culinary operations of the Client Centre, Office Pantry Services and other meeting rooms for J.P. Morgan. You will ensure all events involving catering meet the highest standard of service to all J.P. Morgan internal and external clients and assist the Culinary Manager with culinary event planning, operations and execution processes.
- Assist in managing culinary operations delivering immaculate first class service by following local and global operating standards and procedures.
- Ensures all food is prepared and served according to the standards set by the CulinaryLead.
- Assist with menu development and planning.
- Estimates daily production needs on a weekly basis and communicates production needs to Culinary Lead daily.
- Provide expert support to ensure the complete success of each program/meeting/ event, preparation, and execution
- Support executing Loss Prevention strategies and to follow Health, Safety & Risk Management and Food Safety Hygiene processes.
- Assist the Culinary Lead in providing feedback and updates on all operational, strategic, financial, and personnel matters and Maintains hygiene , purchasing, receiving and food safety and storage standards.
Required qualifications, capabilities and skills
- 8-10 years demonstrable experience in Fine Dining Restaurants, international 5* hotels, preferably in Pastry or high quality catering and event management environments.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in managing a small team. Understands how to manage in a culturally diverse work environment. Quickly understanding assigned tasks and working independently
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability and drive to interact with all stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills; strong communication skills with ability to influence both oral and written Demonstrates personal integrity manages time well, and is highly visible in areas of responsibility
- Demonstrates personal integrity, manages time well, and is highly visible in areas of responsibility
- Sufficent skills using Outlook365, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Event Management systems
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
Preferred qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Upmarket dining, high volume restaurants experience is preferred
- Creativity and a strong understanding of local, seasonal produce
- Self-motivation and an ability to use your own initiative
- Genuine flexibility and resilience
You’ve got this!