Shrink Analytics Lead
Kmart Australia & NZ
Job Type: Full time
K MART Australia Ltd
Brighter Futures Start here
As Australia’s biggest and most loved retailer, we’ve been brightening up everyday life for families for over 50 years. At our stores, distribution centres, and offices in Australia and New Zealand. All around the globe. Our diverse and inclusive 47,000 strong team come together for a common cause. Giving families easy access to our on-trend products and incredibly low prices – it’s the heart of everything we do.
As a leader in the retail market, we’re optimistic about our future and yours. We’re relentless in our pursuit for results, but changing at a rapid rate, giving you challenging work that you’ll be proud of. We celebrate your uniqueness and individuality. Because at Kmart it’s not just what you do, it’s who you are that makes every day living brighter.
Join the team
Shrinkage Analytics is a key priority for the Kmart business as we continue see our retail business grow across Australia and New Zealand. This role will be responsible for setting the strategic direction and leading a team responsible for shrinkage analytics. This involves building data products and providing insights that assist the management of and reduce shrinkage. This role is the conduit between business stakeholders and the data and analytics teams to ensure the analytics priorities are focused on practical outcomes that will deliver results. Working with agile management practices, in a highly engaged team with a modern technology stack enables the delivery of analytics solutions from exploratory through to predictive that deliver real world impact.
What you’ll be doing:
As a Shrink Analytics Lead working for Kmart you will:
- Build strong partnerships with the business teams and data analytics team
- Lead implementation of shrinkage improvement solutions from pilot to scale and coordinate the required change management process.
- Translate analytical outputs to business leaders by breaking down complex analytical insights into easy to understand, actionable recommendations that business users can easily comprehend and execute
- Run test and control experiments as needed to optimise solution outputs
- Liaise with data scientists to refine and improve accuracy of models over time to ensure a ‘fail safe’ process in shrinkage results
- Drive a culture of data driven decisions.
To be successful in this role you’ll have:
- A tertiary qualification in Finance / Computer Science / Engineering/ Economics / Statistics
- 5+ years’ experience in ownership of analytical products, consulting and data science.
- Strong analytical skills with proven experience in performing exploratory data analysis
- Experience in analysing metrics and customer behaviours to devise key business outcomes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to engage with business partners, data scientists and engineers
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with all levels of leadership coupled with strong presentation skills.
Benefits we’ll offer you:
- Flexible hybrid working options through our Flex Where, Flex When, Flex Well policy
- A team member discount card that gives you a discount at Kmart, Target, Bunnings, and Officeworks
- A free OnePass membership offering free delivery across Kmart, Target & Catch on eligible products
- Access to the Kmart for You benefits program which entitles you to exclusive discounts and benefits in the areas of entertainment, travel, lifestyle, and health – with over 60 suppliers!
- We want you to feel rewarded for your commitment and hard work that's why everyone gets the opportunity to participate in a bonus program
- Free onsite parking when you’re required to come into the office
- We offer inclusive parental leave and ongoing support offered though our partnership with Circle In for team members of all backgrounds and family circumstances
- A dynamic learning and support program
- Opportunity to fast track your career through our Mentor Program as a Mentee or Mentor
- In-house café that serves breakfast, lunch and includes a collaborative space to work in
- Reflection room, space for prayer, meditation, or time for yourself
- Kudos recognition program, where you are nominated by your peers to spin a wheel, to win a stack of cool prizes
- Regular product sample sales with tonnes of discounted items to purchase
- Wesfarmers is Kmart’s parent company and each year eligible employees can elect to purchase shares through a salary sacrifice arrangement
- Great career opportunities across the broader Wesfarmers Group
We’re here to make everyday living brighter
From humble beginnings in Burwood East, Victoria, in 1969, we’re now an essential part of 300 communities, and proud of it! From bedding to apparel to kitchenware and beyond. We’re designing and creating the products people reach for every day. In-store, online, or Click & Collect – getting the products we love into the hands of happy customers is what we aim to do best. From the remote outback to coastal towns and big cities, and everywhere in-between. We’re progressive in our pursuit to create seamless customer journeys for satisfied shoppers.
A place you can belong
At Kmart, we celebrate the rich diversity of the communities in which we operate and are committed to creating inclusive and safe environments where all our team members can contribute and succeed. We believe that all team members should feel valued, respected and safe irrespective of your gender, ethnicity, indigeneity, religious beliefs, education, age, disability, family responsibilities, sexual orientation and gender identity and we encourage applications from all candidates.
We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to be their best, when applying for a role or working at Kmart. We encourage you to tell us about any workplace adjustments that you would like, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to explore a career with Kmart and this sounds like the perfect role for you – apply now!
We are a Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.