Product Owner (Checkouts)
Kmart Australia & NZ
Job Type: Full time
K MART Australia Ltd
Brighter futures start here
At Kmart it’s not just what you do, it’s who you are that makes every day living brighter.
You’ll be joining a diverse team who come together to collaborate globally around tech. With six purchases made every second, you’ll feel the impacts of the work you’ll do for our millions of customers every day. We’re focusing on being a customer-led, digitally enabled retailer. Our teams are working with really cool tech from AI/machine learning, IoT, cloud first solutions, to 3D virtual reality product checks and human sized robots named Tory. Join our team, choose your own path and work on projects that excite you.
As a Product Owner in our Customer Technology team you will be joining our Checkouts squad who are tasked with improving checkout and payments technology. This role is critical to the collection and backlogging of ideas, the finessing of business value so investment can be defined and the oversighting of customer experience improvements across our Checkouts. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to bring your product management experience to Kmart, assisting with stakeholder management and setting the direction of work to meet business goals. And in overtime you will help Kmart to reimagine our omni-channel checkout experience into one that delights our customers whilst making our stores even easier to run!
What you’ll be doing
As a Product Owner in our Checkouts Squad you’ll:
- Work alongside the business partners to ensure that in solving business problems we are driving value delivery and our partners are highly engaged.
- Engage with Engineering squads providing vision, purpose and prioritisation
- Provide product roadmap visibility and drive value-based outcomes - manage and groom the product backlog in collaboration with relevant tech leads, iteration managers, etc.
- Derive best value from third party product platforms by sequencing change/ feature development.
To be successful in this role you’ll
- Demonstrate experience as a Product Owner or Manager and be well versed in product life cycle, MVP, and iterative development
- Contribute to quick value analysis which will assist in making informed prioritisation decisions
- Provide vision and direction to your squad, inspiring them to think creatively to achieve the agreed mission and metrics
- Work alongside the business owners to ensure that they are engaged, aligned, and supportive of direction
- Manage and groom the product backlog in collaboration with relevant tech leads, scrum masters, engineering teams etc.
- Utilise your previous experience and knowledge of working in reatil checkouts or similar projects
- Experience in greenfield development and aligning business and tech priorities
Perks and benefits we’ll offer you:
- Flexible working – you’ll choose when and where you work.
- We’ll provide multiple ways for you to learn from online micro-credentialing in Udemy, support to gain certifications to tech community events and more.
- Great career opportunities across the broader Wesfarmers Group.
- We offer inclusive leave and ongoing support for team members of all backgrounds and family circumstances.
- Free onsite parking when you’re required to come into the office.
- We want you to feel rewarded for your commitment and hard work that's why everyone gets the opportunity to participate in a bonus program.
- A team member discount card that gives you a discount at Kmart, Target, Bunnings, and Officeworks.
- A free OnePass membership offering free delivery across Kmart, Target & Catch on eligible products.
- Access to the Kmart for You benefits program which entitles you to exclusive discounts and benefits in the areas of entertainment, travel, lifestyle, and health – with over 60 suppliers!
- Reflection room, space for prayer, meditation, or time for yourself.
- Wesfarmers is Kmart’s parent company and each year eligible employees can elect to purchase shares through a salary sacrifice arrangement.
A place you can belong
At Kmart, we celebrate the rich diversity of the communities in which we operate and are committed to creating inclusive and safe environments where all our team members can contribute and succeed. We believe that all team members should feel valued, respected, and safe irrespective of your gender, ethnicity, indigeneity, religious beliefs, education, age, disability, family responsibilities, sexual orientation and gender identity and we encourage applications from all candidates.
We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to be their best, when applying for a role or working at Kmart. We encourage you to tell us about any workplace adjustments that you would like, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Excited about this role, but not sure if you meet 100% of the criteria? We would still love to hear from you and encourage you to apply.
We are a Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.