Director of Finance, Australia and New Zealand
Job Type: Full time
At KONE, you’ll find innovation that goes somewhere
We see a future of smart cities. As an innovation leader in the elevator and escalator industry, our award-winning products and solutions continue to push boundaries, rethinking how we use buildings for life, work and play.
The future of work is flexibility
At KONE we believe that creating flexibility in where, when and how we work will help us to engage and retain our people. With flexible working we can increase the diversity in our teams as well as improve the well-being of our employees. Having listened to our employees and candidates, KONE Australia and New Zealand launched our Flexible Work Framework and Guide in April of 2022. The majority of our office-based teams have adopted a hybrid model with 3 days in the office per week. Don’t hesitate to reach out to the Talent Acquisition Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information on KONE’s approach to flexible work.
Our work will take you in different directions
Due to an exciting internal move, KONE Australia and New Zealand are looking for our new Finance Director. Reporting to the Managing Director for ANZ, you will lead, coach, inspire and develop the Finance Team. You will drive and support the achievement of KONE’s business objectives by providing strategic guidance and support to business stakeholders in financial and commercial matters.
What you will be doing
- Leading, directing, evaluating and developing a team of managers, experts and finance professionals
- Coaching and engaging the team in developing future capabilities
- Driving business performance and decision-making by providing strategic guidance, actionable insights, and recommendations to business stakeholders
- Developing and supporting the KONE strategy implementation, specifically in customer-facing finance activities such as invoicing, collection and customer financing
- Contributing to strategic planning at the executive team level helping to drive top-line growth and operational efficiency
- Proactively identifying opportunities for improvement by collaborating with different functions
- Supporting business stakeholders to focus and prioritize activities that drive customer value and business performance most
- Accountable for end-to-end finance processes performance
- Accountable for complete and accurate financial records
- Accountable for compliance with local statutory requirements and regulations in areas of financial reporting, treasury, and tax
- Accountable for ensuring compliancy of internal controls and policies
- Accountable for efficient and compliant management of financials, specifically in areas of cash flow and accounts receivables
- Responsible for driving the forecasting and budgeting processes
Who we’re looking for
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance and a qualified CA/CPA (or equivalent)
- Experience leading a Finance team in a large, complex organisation
- Ability to navigate and influence peers and stakeholders through a complex matrix work environment (local, regional and global)
- Expertise with Mergers and Acquisitions
- Exposure to and understanding of Enterprise Agreements
What KONE can offer you
- Regional (Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa) and Global exposure/career development opportunities.
- Join a first-class executive leadership team who put their people first.
- We are a company focussed on innovation, offering class leading products based on award winning designs. In 2021 we won 5 Red Dot Design Awards, an improvement from the 4 we won in 2020.
If you are an influential leader who thrives in a fast-paced environment and brings a world of curiosity to the team, we would love to hear from you!
There’s so much more to KONE than you may realise.
The breadth of our business means career pathways both local and
abroad. You’ll be inspired by what’s possible, using each new experience
as a stepping stone to where you want to go.
Note: Applicants must either be a permanent resident or citizen of Australia or New Zealand to apply for this position.
This role is being sourced directly by KONE. No agency approaches, thank you.
Applications close Sunday, 5th February 2023.
#LI – JF1
At KONE, we are focused on creating an innovative and collaborative working culture where we value the contribution of each individual. Employee engagement is a key focus area for us and we encourage participation and the sharing of information and ideas. Sustainability is an integral part of our culture and the daily practice. We follow ethical business practices and we seek to develop a culture of working together where co-workers trust and respect each other and good performance is recognized. In being a great place to work, we are proud to offer a range of experiences and opportunities that will help you to achieve your career and personal goals and enable you to live a healthy and balanced life.
Read more on www.kone.com/careers