Field Service Technician
Job Type: Full time
- Work with industry - leading products and technology
- Join a global organisation with a strong focus on training, safety, and quality
- Great benefits on offer & bonus
At KONE, we bring buildings to life.
Through our technical expertise and digital connectivity, we provide an essential service to communities around the world – keep people moving no matter what.
Our work will take you in different directions.
We’re looking for an experienced Field Service Technician to join our high performing Doors team in Canberra. No two days are the same as you install, repair and service a range of Doors products including automatic sliding doors, swing doors and industrial roller shutters & gates.
What will you be doing?
- Performing maintenance runs, repairs, and installation of KONE Doors
- Working autonomously and managing daily workload
- Taking a safety-first and quality-focused approach to your work
- Attending service calls and completing planned and unplanned repairs
- Working to actively maintain customer relationships in the local region and regional NSW customers (e.g. clients, Body Corporate Managers and Building Managers)
What are we looking for?
- Strong electrical/mechanical aptitude
- ACT/NSW Electrical licence preferred
- Commitment to working safely with a strong focus on quality
- A customer service mindset
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Valid Australian Driver’s license
- Ability to learn & utilise technology tools
There’s so much more to KONE than you may realise.
- Enjoy career progression opportunities within a global organisation
- Access a range of benefits that engage and motivate our employees and help us make KONE a great place to work
- Grow with comprehensive learning and development programs covering a wide range of professional skills
A job at KONE is the start of an experience like no other. Apply today and help us to bring buildings to life.
Note: Applicants must either be a permanent resident or citizen of Australia or New Zealand to apply for this position.
KONE is an equal opportunity employer who supports inclusive, flexible, and accessible working arrangements for all. This includes persons with disabilities, culturally, religiously, and linguistically diverse people, diverse age groups, diverse sexual orientation, and gender.
We are committed to working in partnership with and support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and organisations by recognising and respecting the diversity of cultures, identity, heritage, languages, and social and spiritual systems practiced.
At KONE, we are focused on creating an innovative and collaborative working culture where we value the contribution of each individual. Employee engagement is a key focus area for us and we encourage participation and the sharing of information and ideas. Sustainability is an integral part of our culture and the daily practice. We follow ethical business practices and we seek to develop a culture of working together where co-workers trust and respect each other and good performance is recognized. In being a great place to work, we are proud to offer a range of experiences and opportunities that will help you to achieve your career and personal goals and enable you to live a healthy and balanced life.
Read more on www.kone.com/careers