Continuous Improvement Lead
Job Type: Full time
Lion is a global beverage company with a portfolio that includes many market-leading names in beer, wine, spirits, seltzer & non-alcoholic drinks. Our range includes classic brands like Tooheys, Speights, XXXX and Wither Hills, and craft beer brands like Little Creatures, James Squire and New Belgium’s Fat Tire.
We employ approximately 4,000 diverse and talented individuals across the globe, predominantly in Australia, New Zealand, the United States and the UK, who are passionate about their craft and working towards a shared purpose: to champion sociability and help people to live well.
At Lion, we do everything from “land to hand,” including manufacturing, distribution, sales and marketing of our products, making Lion an exciting and complex business with a wide range of career paths. Whether you want to work in one of our breweries, in a sales role partnering our customers or a business support role in one of our offices, we invest heavily in our people’s wellbeing and their development.
At Lion, ours is a culture of going beyond - constantly pushing the boundaries to innovate, enter new markets and do things differently with a relentless focus on our customers, consumers, communities and environment. It’s a culture where we welcome difference, actively seek diversity of thought and stand for fairness. Our leading practices in gender equality, flexible working, family/ parental support, mental health and LGBTQIA make everyone feel safe, supported and respected. Above all, we promote a culture where our people can be the best they can be, really make a difference and have a great time doing it!
Company homepage: www.lionco.com
We aim to ensure that Lion’s LinkedIn page is a respectful and inclusive community for everyone and therefore ask that you abide by our Community Guidelines: http://bit.ly/LionCoSocial
Lion is a contributor to DrinkWise Australia www.drinkwise.org.au
and Cheers! New Zealand. https://cheers.org.nz/
The Pride is one of the largest breweries in New Zealand and is home to some of New Zealand's most iconic and beloved beverage brands, from Steinlager and Lindauer through to Mac's, Wither Hills, Speight’s and Zeffer.
Bring your ideas and strategic thinking to optimise our operations across the Brewery -
- Identify, lead and deliver on process improvements
- Share project updates on key initiatives
- Partner with teams across the brewery to successfully execute project outcomes
- Be a key contributor to setting future strategy and delivering on the Pride’s performance
- Champion lean methodologies and flawless change management including the introduction of TPM (full TPM training provided)
- Ideally, you will have an engineering, technologist or science background
- Experience within a manufacturing environment and/or experience working within a continuous improvement framework
- Exposure to project management and process improvement
- Ability to build relationships across our teams
- Ongoing career opportunities – 60% of our hires at Lion are internal
- Training provided in lean methodologies and TPM
- The opportunity to make a real impact
- Hybrid / flexible working supported
- East Tamaki location, free parking, free gym onsite
- A focus on wellbeing and autonomy to deliver in your role
- Join a market leader in liquor across NZ and Australia
- Training and development opportunities to build your career within Lion
Here at The Pride and Lion, we choose to be a leader in driving inclusion, diversity, and gender parity. We have an ambitious goal to reach at least 40% representation of both men and women in all teams in all areas of the business. Are you hesitating to apply because you don't think you meet all the criteria? If you believe you are aligned with our values at Lion, we'd encourage you to still click on that apply button so we can explore your unique skill set and the value you could add to one of our teams.