Engineering Team Lead
Job Type: Full time
MessageMedia provides innovative mobile messaging solutions that help businesses of all sizes – from SMBs to enterprise-level to better connect with customers. Our messaging solutions for alerts and notifications, billing and payments, appointment reminders, marketing, and staff scheduling are trusted by over 65,000 customers in industries such as healthcare, education, retail, and utilities. With offices across Australia, United States, United Kingdom, and New Zealand, MessageMedia is the number one choice for easy and engaging business messaging.
As we continue to grow and expand, we are currently seeking an experienced Engineering Team Lead to join what is known as our “Platform Tribe”. Our “Platform Tribe is a team that wins by making the lives of all other engineering teams within the business as easy as possible. Solving cross cutting concerns for other teams. The Tribe’s goal is to give all the teams the maximum amount of time possible to focus on adding value for their customers.
In this role you will collaborate with the Platform Product Manager, delivering the high-level vision for the platform. Driving outcomes through effective leadership you will split your time across hands on development responsibilities and coaching and driving a team of passionate individuals to achieve desired results.
- Build out roadmaps
- Collaborate with teams in the design process
- Manage the complexity of the software delivery process
- Deliver clear communication around mapping, technical designs, highlighting risks to delivery, dependencies, and delivery dates to key stakeholders
- Develop the team direction, objectives, and goals
- Manage all technical processes for your team, identifying potential needs for continuous improvement
- Communicate complex topics both technical and non-technical to stakeholders
- Lead the development of solutions to add value and provide support to other teams
- Execute proactive technical risk and opportunity management
The preferred candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role, software engineering experience in high performing teams is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in understanding software development lifecycles
- An interest in software architecture and software development
- An interest in data analytics and data driven solutions
- Demonstrated experience with Java/Python is desirable
- Distributed application development
- Demonstrated experience working in a Web based platform, such as AWS
- Excellent knowledge of Restful API, GIT and SQL Skills
- Experience with Kong API Gateway would be preferred but not essential
- A strong eye for detail, with a problem-solving mindset
Our values of Dream big, Win together, Keep it simple and Make it happen are what make us successful on our journey to be the global leader in customer engagement for SMBs, so people who feel a connection to these values and like the pace of a fast-growing global company will easily fit into our team. We are committed to building a company that empowers individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds to be their authentic self and bring their values into their work. We know that the more diverse and inclusive we are, the better our success will be. In addition, we offer the following benefits:
- Flexible hybrid working arrangement
- Generous parental leave program: 26 weeks salary for primary care giver and 4 weeks salary for secondary care giver
- Access to Reward+ program
- A day off for your birthday
- Wellness programs
- Coaching and career development support, including access to a range of online professional development courses.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Global mobility policy
- Monthly fitness reimbursement
- Volunteer leave
- Work from home set up reimbursement
If you’re looking for the next opportunity in your career and want to work for a growing tech company, then apply now!