Senior Risk & Systems Safety Assurance Advisor
Metro Trains Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
Metro is a multi-award winning organisation, and we pride ourselves on our team of honest, high performing professionals who are talented, inclusive and safety focused and who are at the core of our success.
You will be joining an organisation that is known as a global leader in its field but also prides itself on being dynamic, embracing new technologies and focused on customer service. Our aim is to promote work/life balance, allow team members to bring their best to work and to truly be focused on a common goal which is to provide a world-class railway service.
We are currently looking for a Senior Risk and System Safety Assurance Advisor to join our diverse team on the Tunnels and stations Package portfolio.
The Senior Risk and System Safety Assurance Advisor is responsible for compiling and assessing assurance evidence to support the business readiness for testing and delivery of the new Tunnels and Stations (Metro Tunnel Project).
The position will support MTM in meeting its regulatory obligations to the satisfaction of ONRSR. This will be achieved by engagement with the Design and Construct entity, and internal stakeholders to ensure deliverables meet applicable legislation and standards.
This role is perfect for a detail-oriented risk and assurance superstar with excellent stakeholder management abilities.
This is a permanent full-time opportunity. As an MTM employee, you will have access to free travel along the network.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- As directed, lead and support elements of the MTP – Integrated Assurance Program and the tunnels and stations delivery strategy, including supporting the development of the Dynamic Testing Assurance Case covering the Tunnel Infrastructure, and its periodic updates as required at major milestone gates.
- Chair and/or participate in contractually required meetings including, working groups and risk assessments.
- Attend decision making forums where required, draft issues papers and support issue resolution processes to ensure the best outcome for MTM.
- Review deliverables, provided by the Package Contractor (CYP) as well as internal stakeholders, ensuring that it meets relevant legislative requirements, quality standards and MTM’s SMS
- Guide, direct and support the Design and Construct entity in their compliance to MTM’s SMS, including Management of Change, both prior to and during dynamic testing.
- Support and draft submissions and briefing papers, to MTM’s Change Control Board and implementation whilst reporting emerging integration and in-service hazards/risks
The successful candidate will have a Tertiary qualification in in risk management, accreditation or safety, risk or relevant engineering field
- Understanding of the relevant acts, regulations and standards that are applicable to Rail Safety National Law and Occupational Health and Safety
- Demonstrated experience working experience in risk, accreditation and/or safety management
- Possess organising, analytical, evaluative and decision-making skills
- Ability to motivate and communicate effectively with all personnel throughout the organisation
- Previous experience writing safety assurance reports highly regarded
- Previous experience with infrastructure integration would be highly regarded
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and consultation expertise
- Strong report writing, analytical ability and critical thinking
- Advanced MS Office knowledge including Excel
- Previous experience using project management methodologies would be advantageous.
This is a fantastic and dynamic opportunity to build on the career you have developed to date and be part of the legacy that ‘connects people and places for a growing Melbourne’.
If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience, and career aspiration then we want to hear from you!
Please submit your application via our recruitment portal by Sunday 2nd October 2022 to be considered for this position.
Please note a Police Check / Health Assessment and current Victorian driver’s license is required for this position.
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please do note only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.
Why work for Metro?
- Attractive Remuneration: Excellent pay package with laptop and mobile phone
- Career Progression: Career development support and opportunities to learn new skills within a multi-disciplinary environment
- Vibrant and Ambitious Team: A collaborative team of passionate people who are dedicated to delivering projects that improve the safety and reliability of Melbourne’s rail network
- Permanent Opportunity: Our ongoing involvement in the exciting pipeline of major rail projects
- Benefits: Free Myki travel across Victoria and other great corporate discounts
- Work-Life Balance and Hybrid Working: We encourage flexibility and wellbeing; you will manage your own schedule and we will support you to thrive in your role. MTM supports flexible working arrangements.