Metro Trains Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
Metro is a multi-award winning organisation, and we pride ourselves on our team of honest, high performing professionals who are talented, inclusive and safety focused and who are at the core of our success. You will be joining an organisation that is known as a global leader in its field but also prides itself on being dynamic, embracing new technologies and focused on customer service. Our aim is to promote work/life balance, allow team members to bring their best to work and to truly be focused on a common goal which is to provide a world-class railway service.
The Occupations Coordinator exists to support the Occupations team with the effective planning and implementation of critical works on the rail corridor.
It is important to note that SSA has a heavy interface with both V/Line & ARTC due to the geographical location of works along the Western corridor. As a result, this role may at times be responsible for communicating with these stakeholders to ensure the safe planning & co-ordinations of rail access within along their respective networks.
This is a permanent full-time opportunity. As an MTM employee, you will have access to free travel along the network.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Ensures timely bookings, safety and efficiency in utilisation of all track occupations by working closely with all relevant stakeholders
- Assist in the identifying Occupation & MTM Critical Resource constraints and clashes.
- Work in conjunction with Rail Safety Team to ensure all associated safe working is requested and coordinated for each occupation.
- Produce Occupation coordination documents/dashboards and reports and drive continuous improvement within the occupation management to streamline a standardised process
- Accurately input data within the project Occupation Schedule.
- Work closely with other teams to ensure relevant construction activities are tracked, published correctly, and distributed effectively to meet the requirements necessary to undertake planned works.
- Assist the Occupation Team with the continual monitoring of progress in relation to delivering planned Occupations
- Provide support to the Occupation Lead/Manager in generating construction updates during Occupations
- 2 to 5 years’ experience with stakeholder engagement across multi - disciplinary organisations
- Moderate to Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Full valid Driver’s License
- Willingness to learn and participate in meetings and during construction activities
- Willingness to work Weekend & possible night shifts during Occupations
- Level 1 Train Track Awareness
- Basic Construction Industry OSH Conduction (White card)
- Project Management certificate is preferred
- Experience working within the rail industry
Why work for Metro?
- Attractive Remuneration: Excellent pay package with laptop and mobile phone
- Career Progression: Career development support and opportunities to learn new skills within a multi-disciplinary environment
- Vibrant and Ambitious Team: A collaborative team of passionate people who are dedicated to delivering projects that improve the safety and reliability of Melbourne’s rail network
- Permanent Opportunity: Our ongoing involvement in the exciting pipeline of major rail projects
- Benefits: Free Myki travel across Victoria and other great corporate discounts
- Work-Life Balance and Hybrid Working: We encourage flexibility and wellbeing; you will manage your own schedule and we will support you to thrive in your role. MTM supports flexible working arrangements.
This is a fantastic and dynamic opportunity to build on the career you have developed to date and be part of the legacy that ‘connects people and places for a growing Melbourne’.
If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience, and career aspiration then we want to hear from you!
Please submit your application via our recruitment portal by Sunday 2nd October 2022 to be considered for this position.
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please do note only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.