Metro Trains Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
Metro is a multi-award winning organisation and we pride ourselves on our team of honest, high performing professionals who are talented, inclusive and safety focused and who are at the core of our success. You will be joining an organisation that is known as a global leader in its field but also prides itself on being dynamic, embracing new technologies and focused on customer service.
Accountable for Project Controls for the Development portfolio within the business. Contribute to the delivery of key development deliverables, associated budgets and programs via scheduling, planning, monitoring and reporting on deliverables and milestones. Ensuring the control of cost and compliance with Governance and Finance.
This role is offered on a Full-time permanent basis operating out of MTMs head office, 700 Collins Street, Melbourne
- Lead and manage the Development Phase project controls
- Upskill the Development team members use and understanding of project controls and associated tools to increase capability
- Work with project/program teams to assist with forecasting for the overall programs to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget allocations
- Provide analysis and commentary on program/project performance, monthly/quarterly reporting to the Development team
- Assist reviewing and reconciling project costs and identify journals that need to be undertaken to ensure correct allocation of costs
- Deliver robust control measures to enable monitoring and analysis against commitments and actuals, and implement variance controls to support early identification of deviations against baseline plans and budgets
Qualifications & Skills
- Tertiary qualification or equivalent experience in Engineering, Project Management or Financial Accounting or other related disciplines
- Expert level competence in MS Excel, MS Project and other program management software
- Articulate and engaging when communicating information to team members and leadership
Why work for MTM?
- Receive a free Myki card for free public transport Victoria wide!
- Great team culture and work/life balance
- Excellent Culture and career opportunities
- Large projects with some amazing stakeholders
Applications will close on 30th September 2022 with shortlisting to commence upon application.
This is a fantastic opportunity to build on the career you've developed to date and take it to the next level by making a tangible impact that matters.
If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you!
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please do note, only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.