Interface Lead (Access)
Metro Trains Melbourne
Location: East Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
Metro moves you around Melbourne.
As the city’s metropolitan rail service, Metro operates 226 six carriage trains across 998 kilometres of track, transporting 450,000 customers each day. We aim to encourage the Melbourne community’s vibrant and ever evolving lifestyles, by providing a seamless transport solution to keep individuals connected.
With 15 lines, 222 stations and services seven days a week, Metro can take you wherever you’re headed across the city, whenever you want to go.
About the role
The Interface Lead (Access) position exists to support the successful operational interface between the Alliance, Metro and other third parties to support the delivery of large-scale complex projects on Metro's behalf.
The role will be responsible for governance and stakeholder management supporting the collaborative resolution of technical and non-technical issues to ensure the best outcomes for the Alliance/Project and Metro.
Representing Metro across the alliance and providing support and technical inputs into the project delivery, this role will also see you:
- Support the review and approval of construction documentation (CMS, GPP, etc.) and manage the administration and control of Metro, V/Line & other third-party operators permits (NAE, PTDT, WAF, Etc.) for the Alliance/Project on Metro & V/Line’s behalf and other responsibilities allocated by the project/alliance against performance targets beyond Metro’s
- Support the management of disruption occupation, works readiness, subcontractors, train control, signalling, financial reporting, programming schedules, dashboards and reporting.
- Management and support (relevant to the project life cycle stage) which will vary and include scope, planning, costing, change and risk management, TOC development and submissions, rail safety requirements and rail accreditation protection)
- Deliver against the project plan, monitoring and enabling resourcing, performance, capability and wellbeing to foster a high performance team for the Alliance/Project and Metro
What you can bring to the team:
- Tertiary qualification in engineering, Project Management or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate for key outcomes through strong stakeholder management with a variety of complex stakeholders
- Experience with stakeholder engagement across multi - disciplinary organisations
- Approx. 3 years’ experience in Rail Projects, Engineering, Construction or similar multi-discipline industry on a large scale (or complex) projects