Senior Systems Engineer
Metro Trains Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
Metro is a multi-award-winning organization, and we pride ourselves on our team of honest, high performing professionals who are talented, inclusive and safety focused and who are at the core of our success.
Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM) takes pride in “Moving Melbourne” and aims to provide a world class railway.
This is your chance to be part of an organization working on multiple projects in Victoria’s Big Build, which is delivering 165 major road and rail projects, including Metro Tunnel, a second underground railway for Melbourne with 5 new stations, removal of 85 level crossings across Melbourne and the Melbourne Airport Rail.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Metro Trains have two Senior System Engineers opportunities available.
The OCMS Systems Engineering Team at Metro is responsible for transitioning to and supporting the breadth of operational technology comprising the new Communication Based Train Control (CBTC) systems as well as the supporting train control, and communications technology and SCADA platforms currently being introduced via the Melbourne Tunnel Project and/or Melbourne Airport Rail.
The main purpose of these roles is to ensure the successful transition to operations. This role will require some outside of business hours support or site attendance.
- Lead engineering and discipline-based communities of practice across the broader Operational Technology teams and interested business units
- Identify, implement, and drive improvements in the way in which operational technology systems are managed and supported, facilitating a continuous improvement culture.
- Lead and ensure ongoing engagement with stakeholders including project teams, vendors, and service providers so that critical issues that impact projects or operations are identified and managed
- Implement change management strategies to accommodate controlled flexibility and modification for new and improved methods for planning and execution of CBTC (and associated) Systems Projects works to ensure traceability and justifiability
- Ensure continual improvement of supported CBTC (and associated systems and affiliated network performance through the implementation of root cause analysis and development of mitigation strategies and plans
- Previous experience in signalling and train control AND/OR previous experience in SCADA control systems
- Experience working with TCP/IP communication networks
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering (Electrical, Telecommunications, Computer Systems,) or equivalent recognised by Engineers Australia
- Previous experience working in multi-disciplinary design team(s) integrating systems in a matrixed environment
- Demonstrated ability to implement appropriate and fit for purpose processes to ensure systems are monitored and maintained to agreed service levels and standards
WHY WORK FOR METRO
- Full time permanent opportunity
- Opportunity to work on significant projects that are contributing to modernising Melbourne's Metropolitan Network
- Metro supports work life balance, and we would like to hear from you about what flexibility means to you.
- All Metro employees receive a free MYKI pass that allows free public transport in Victoria.
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply.