Metro Trains Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM) is a multi-award winning organisation and we pride ourselves on our team of high performing talented professionals who are safety and delivery focused, and are at the core of our success.
You will be joining an organisation that is known for being dynamic, embracing new technologies and focused on customer service. Our aim is to promote work/life balance feel comfortable to bring their best to work, and to truly be focused on a common goal which is to provide a world class railway service.
Become part of a talented and passionate team dedicated to enhancing and delivering projects that improve the safety and reliability of Melbourne’s rail network. Doing truly meaningful work in a supportive and inclusive culture that encourages you to make the most of your talents.
We are currently looking for a Safety Advisor to provide Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) support to Sunshine Systems Alliance (SSA) and contribute to the development and maintenance of a safe and healthy work environment, supporting the successful delivery of what will be one of the most iconic projects in Melbourne, the highly anticipated Melbourne Airport Rail (MAR) Project!
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Conducting site inspections and audits to ensure projects’ compliance with MTM Safety Management System (SMS), Environmental Management System (EMS), Occupational Health and Safety (OHS), Rail Safety National Law (RSNL) and relevant environmental legislation.
- Promoting continual improvement of MTM SMS & EMS and developing and facilitating HSE training and education inclusive of regular toolbox sessions.
- Leading HSE incident investigations to identify causal factors and presenting findings to various forums.
- Assisting the MTM Senior Safety Advisor and wider Alliance team in the development of safety and environmental strategies and initiatives.
- Liaising with internal and external parties and providing support to project delivery teams and contractors concerning HSE matters.
- Developing/reviewing HSE procedures, plans and documents to ensure effectual processes and completing HSE Reporting.
- Attending risk workshops to provide HSE specialist advice and technical input and ensure hazards/risks are being managed (including the MTM Critical Risk Framework).
- Reviewing HSE documentation including management plans.
- Support the identification, engagement and maintenance of strong relationships with key stakeholders across the Alliance/Project, externally and within Metro to ensure that beneficial relationships are developed and maintained
- Tertiary qualification in OH&S/WHS or relevant onsite experience.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Legislation.
- Experience with stakeholder engagement in a project construction environment.
- Ability to schedule work priorities to ensure deadlines are strictly adhered to whilst managing complex situations, having solid problem solving and negotiating skills
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally & written will all levels of stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail, ability to write reports and manage time effectively.
This is a fantastic and dynamic opportunity to build on the career you have developed to date and be part of the legacy that ‘connects people and places for a growing Melbourne’.
If what you have read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then please submit your application by Sunday 4th December 2022.
Please note a Police Check / Health Assessment and current Victorian driver’s license is required for this position.
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please do note that only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.
Why work for Metro?
- Attractive Remuneration: Excellent pay and corporate partner benefits / discounts
- Career Progression: Career development support and opportunities to learn new skills within a multi-disciplinary environment
- Vibrant and Ambitious Team: A collaborative team of passionate people who are dedicated to delivering projects that improve the safety and reliability of Melbourne’s rail network
- Permanent Opportunity: Our ongoing involvement in the exciting pipeline of major rail projects
- Benefits: Free Myki travel across Victoria and other great corporate discounts
- Work-Life Balance and Hybrid Working: We encourage flexibility and wellbeing; you will manage your own schedule and we will support you to thrive in your role. MTM supports flexible working arrangements.