Assistant Project Manager
Metro Trains Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
Metro is a multi-award winning organisation and we pride ourselves on our team of honest, high performing professionals who are talented, inclusive and safety focused and who are at the core of our success. You will be joining an organisation that is known as a global leader in its field but also prides itself on being dynamic, embracing new technologies and focused on customer service.
Contribute within a team to delivering discrete agreed deliverables in line with franchisee obligations, supporting the feasibility analysis and development of minor and major projects within the Victorian Rail Network including Level Crossing Removal Projects.
This role is offered on a Full time, 12-month Max Term basis primarily operating out of MTMs Head Office, Docklands
- Represent Metro's interest and support the (Senior) Project Manager by providing project management expertise, in accordance with MTM’s Franchise Agreement and relevant aspects of the applicable project management framework across the project life cycle
- Perform monthly project reporting, including forecasting and invoicing for projects
- Develop operational, technical and maintenance requirements in line with systems engineering principles
- Provide input into defining applicable aspects of Metro’s Project Development Framework and Project Management Framework during the initiating phase of the project
- Present findings of projects at relevant steering committees and review panels
- Identify and resolve process and operational issues with relevant stakeholders to ensure project delivery and integration can be accomplished to agreed performance characteristics.
Qualifications & Skills
- Tertiary qualification in project management, engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years’ in Engineering, Rail, Project Management or Construction
- 3+ years’ with stakeholder engagement across multi - disciplinary organisations
Why work for MTM?
- Receive a free Myki card for free public transport Victoria wide!
- Great team culture and work/life balance
- Large projects with some amazing stakeholders
Applications will close on 27th November 2022 with start dates projected for mid January 2023
This is a fantastic opportunity to build on the career you've developed to date and take it to the next level by making a tangible impact that matters.
If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you!
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please do note, only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.