Metro Trains Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
Metro moves you around Melbourne.
As the city’s metropolitan rail service, Metro operates 226 six carriage trains across 998 kilometres of track, transporting 450,000 customers each day. We aim to encourage the Melbourne community’s vibrant and ever evolving lifestyles, by providing a seamless transport solution to keep individuals connected.
With 15 lines, 222 stations and services seven days a week, Metro can take you wherever you’re headed across the city, whenever you want to go.
Metro is a multi-award-winning organisation and we pride ourselves on our team of honest, high performing professionals who are talented, inclusive and safety focused and who are at the core of our success. You will be joining an organisation that is known as a global leader in its field but also prides itself on being dynamic, embracing new technologies and focused on customer service. Our aim is to promote work/life balance feel comfortable to bring their best to work, and to truly be focused on a common goal which is to provide a world class railway service.
The Southern Program Alliance (SPA) based in Moorabbin, forms part of the Victorian State government’s Level Crossing Removal Program. Metro Trains a delivery partner within the Level Crossing Removal Program (LXRP) is currently seeking a Sourcing Specialist help lead the delivery of package works across the Level Crossing Removal Program (LXRP).
As the Sourcing Specialist you will work with the SPA Project team, Engineering Lead, internal legal/central Procurement team and Alliance stakeholders to procure goods and services whilst ensuring value for money, high quality, and on time delivery through the project lifecycle.
Why work for Metro?
- Our ongoing involvement in the exciting pipeline of major rail projects
- Career development support and opportunities to learn new skills within a multi-disciplinary environment
- A collaborative team of passionate people who are dedicated to delivering projects that improve the safety and reliability of Melbourne’s rail network
- Access to Multiple employee benefits including flexible working hours, option to purchase additional leave, health insurance discounts, Free Myki Card and many more!
- Lead sourcing activities for assigned procurement packages
- Manage procurement activities as per the Alliance and MTM procurement process and the Procurement & Contract Management Plan (pre-qualification, issue RFx, evaluation, contractual negotiation, recommendation to award, execution of contract and operationalisation);
- Work with Alliance Stakeholders for procurement packages and update Procurement Project Plan (Schedule) accordingly including the schedule of long lead items;
- Comply with NOP governance processes for procurement of goods and services;
- Represent the procurement function for the Alliance and within internal and external project meetings for example design meetings, production meetings, non-conformity meetings, Change Control Board meetings, Project Risk, Opportunity and Improvement meetings, Gate Reviews and claim review meetings
- Engage key stakeholders across the team, division and broader organisation ensuring that beneficial relationships are developed and maintained.
- Tertiary qualification in either Engineering, Law, Supply Chain, Procurement, Contract Management (eg. Quantity Surveying), Business or a combination of these.
- Post graduate commercial qualifications (preferred)
- 2-5 years of work experience in total with at least 2 years’ work experience in Engineering, Project Management, Procurement, Contracts, Bids or Sales ideally in similar business areas (e.g. Rail, Construction, Oil & Gas, Technology or Energy)
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and stakeholder management experience
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Procurement or purchasing experience in a time constrained / project environment
- SAP Ariba experience would be advantageous
This is a fantastic opportunity to build on the career you've developed to date and take it to the next level by making a tangible impact that matters.
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please note - only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.