Reliability Officer X'Trapolis & Siemens
Metro Trains Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
Metro is a multi-award winning organisation and we pride ourselves on our team of honest, high performing professionals who are talented, inclusive and safety focused and who are at the core of our success. You will be joining an organisation that is known as a global leader in its field but also prides itself on being dynamic, embracing new technologies and focused on customer service.
Continuously improving the reliability, availability, maintainability and safety of MTM’s Rolling Stock. Identify reliability improvement initiatives to the maintenance regime, improve reliability and the performance of specified train systems on the train fleet.
This role is offered on a Full time permanent basis operating out of MTMs Newport Depot, paid under the EA-Rolling Stock
- Provide technical leadership and support maintenance staff in trouble shooting train faults.
- Provide technical oversight of the development of rolling stock reliability growth programs to ensure MTM’s MR4 franchise performance requirements are met.
- Project plans for the implementation of specific reliability projects
- Lead specific operational investigations related to specified fleet train systems
- Participate in and support the MTM ongoing Business Improvement processes
- Participate in transferring new technology of Rolling Stock to maintenance personnel
Qualifications & Skills
- Electrical trade qualified.
- Ability to read and interpret complex drawings.
- Qualification Associate Diploma in Technology desirable
- 7+ years of experience in rolling stock.
- Proven experience in an urban passenger railway environment.
- Strong communication skills.
Why work for MTM?
- Receive a free Myki card for free public transport Victoria wide!
- Great team culture and work/life balance
- Great new opportunity
- Excellent Culture and career opportunities
- Large projects with some amazing stakeholders
Applications will close on the 4th December 2022 with projected start dates in mid-January
This is a fantastic opportunity to build on the career you've developed to date and take it to the next level by making a tangible impact that matters.
If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you!
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please do note only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.