Metro Trains Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
Metro moves you around Melbourne.
As the city’s metropolitan rail service, Metro operates 226 six carriage trains across 998 kilometres of track, transporting 450,000 customers each day. We aim to encourage the Melbourne community’s vibrant and ever evolving lifestyles, by providing a seamless transport solution to keep individuals connected.
With 15 lines, 222 stations and services seven days a week, Metro can take you wherever you’re headed across the city, whenever you want to go.
Metro is a multi-award winning organisation, and we pride ourselves on our team of honest, high performing professionals who are talented, inclusive and safety focused and who are at the core of our success. You will be joining an organisation that is known as a global leader in its field but also prides itself on being dynamic, embracing new technologies and focused on customer service. Our aim is to promote work/life balance, allow team members to bring their best to work and truly be focused on a common goal which is to provide a world-class railway service.
About the Project
The North East Link Project (NELP) is a State project that will upgrade and connect the Eastern Freeway at Bulleen to the M80 Ring Road at Greensborough in Melbourne’s north-east. The new route will include 26km of upgraded and new freeway including 5km of road tunnels. As part of NELP there is a $150 million major Rail Works Package required to be delivered to support the roads project. As part of this NELP Rail Works Package we are currently looking for a Interface Manager to help deliver this project.
About the role
The Interface Manager position exists to manage the engineering interfaces between the Alliance, Metro and other third parties to support the delivery of the North East Link Project on Metro's behalf.
In this role, you will be responsible for engineering governance and stakeholder management supporting the collaborative resolution of technical and non-technical issues to ensure the best outcomes for the Alliance and Metro as part of the North East Link Project.
This is a full-time permanent opportunity, primarily based between MTM’s head office in Docklands & City as well as on site visits to our Greensborough location. As an MTM employee, you will have access to free travel along the network.
The key responsibilities of a Interface Manager will include but not be limited to:
- Change and requirements management, provide regulation and compliance clarity, negotiate timelines and deliverables with stakeholders on the North East Link Project, across Metro and with various council, regulatory and government representatives
- Support the management of disruption occupation, works readiness, subcontractors, train control, signalling, financial reporting, programming schedules, dashboards and reporting
- Management and engineering support (relevant to the project life cycle stage) which will vary and include scope, planning, costing, design, construction, implementation, change and risk management, testing and commissioning, contract management, completions, TOC development and submissions, rail safety requirements and rail accreditation protection)
- Facilitate the integration and functionality of system architecture to meet Metro requirements (such as works readiness requirements)
- Advisory support and technical inputs into project delivery activities as required and interpret policy and standards and the application to the project
- Develop, manage delivery and review progress against plans to ensure they are on schedule and take effective remedial action as required
- Review and approval of construction documentation for the project on Metro’s behalf and other responsibilities allocated by the project
- Identify, engage and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders across the North East Link Project, and within Metro, to ensure that beneficial relationships are developed and maintained
- Effectively communicate to stakeholders and contribute to maximising the value of technical and managerial knowledge base in accordance with the project and Metro objectives
- Represent Metro positively as part of the North East link Project, the community and relevant government and industry bodies
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate for key outcomes through strong stakeholder management with a variety of complex stakeholders
- Experience in the application of modern rail systems to brown-field sites preferred
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in Rail Project Engineering Construction or similar multi-discipline industry
- 5 to 10 years’ experience working in an engineering, project management or equivalent discipline
- Strong working knowledge of Metro, its Operations and stakeholders
- Engineers Australia membership desirable
Why work for Metro?
- Attractive Remuneration: Excellent pay package with laptop and mobile phone
- Career Progression: Career development support and opportunities to learn new skills within a multi-disciplinary environment
- Vibrant and Ambitious Team: A collaborative team of passionate people who are dedicated to delivering projects that improve the safety and reliability of Melbourne’s rail network
- Permanent Opportunity: Our ongoing involvement in the exciting pipeline of major rail projects
- Benefits: Free Myki travel across Victoria and other great corporate discounts
- Work-Life Balance and Hybrid Working: While this role will be predominantly office based, MTM supports flexible working arrangements and has WFH options.
This is a fantastic opportunity to build on the career you've developed to date and take it to the next level by making a tangible impact that matters.
If what you have read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then please submit your application by COB, 11th December 2022.
MTM is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please note only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.