OCE Readiness Lead
Metro Trains Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
Metro is a multi-award winning organisation, and we pride ourselves on our team of honest, high performing professionals who are talented, inclusive and safety focused and who are at the core of our success. You will be joining an organisation that is known as a global leader in its field but also prides itself on being dynamic, embracing new technologies and focused on customer service. Our aim is to promote work/life balance, allow team members to bring their best to work and to truly be focused on a common goal which is to provide a world-class railway service.
We are currently looking for a OCE Readiness Lead to be part of the Network Assets & Assurance division, the Office of The Chief Engineer (OCE) working closely with Engineering Manager for Metro Tunnel Project. You will also work closely as an indirect reporting line to the Head of Engineering Systems, to draw together the key stakeholders needs of the OCE team.
Initially focussed on the Metro Tunnel Project team, you will manage the evolution of the OCE’s Organisation and Engineering Management System to respond to technology step changes and new ways of working driven through changes to legislation and the integration of projects, interfacing with key internal and external stakeholders in government, industry partners and all Divisions within Metro.
This is a permanent full-time opportunity. As an MTM employee, you will have access to free travel along the network.
Key Areas of Responsibility
The role is part of a team of engineers that are subject matter experts (SME) that will complete design assurance activities on behalf of Metro on the Metro Tunnel Project. Main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Manage the evolution of MTM’s Engineering Management System (EMS) specifically integration of new projects including MTP.
- Review and recommend resourcing, structure and responsibility changes required in order to integrate new technologies and ways of working into existing OCE processes and procedures.
- Coordinate overall readiness across OCE to support new projects integration, including any impact to asset classes and systems.
- Identify training, competency and knowledge transfer requirements within OCE to ensure a smooth transition between project delivery into operation and lead any new project/technologies EMS Training.
- Liaise with stakeholders and key MTM internal project groups, operations, maintenance, infrastructure and other associated parties to ensure functional requirements are met and all matters are effectively managed.
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering, Change Management or equivalent is preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in Engineering or a Technical area is highly desirable
- Sound knowledge of Victoria Rail Projects highly preferred
- Strong stakeholder management experience to work collaboratively and build strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Solid report writing, analytical ability and critical thinking with the ability to work autonomously.
This is a fantastic and dynamic opportunity to build on the career you have developed to date and be part of the legacy that ‘connects people and places for a growing Melbourne’.
If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience, and career aspiration then we want to hear from you!
Please submit your application via our recruitment portal by Sunday 11th December 2022 to be considered for this position.
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please do note only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.
Why work for Metro?
- Attractive Remuneration: Excellent pay package with laptop and mobile phone
- Career Progression: Career development support and opportunities to learn new skills within a multi-disciplinary environment
- Vibrant and Ambitious Team: A collaborative team of passionate people who are dedicated to delivering projects that improve the safety and reliability of Melbourne’s rail network
- Permanent Opportunity: Our ongoing involvement in the exciting pipeline of major rail projects
- Benefits: Free Myki travel across Victoria and other great corporate discounts
- Work-Life Balance and Hybrid Working: We encourage flexibility and wellbeing; you will manage your own schedule and we will support you to thrive in your role. MTM supports flexible working arrangements.