Program Manager Integration
Metro Trains Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM) is a multi-award winning organisation and we pride ourselves on our team of high performing talented professionals who are safety and delivery focused, and are at the core of our success.
You will be joining an organisation that is known as a global leader in its field but also prides itself on being dynamic, embracing new technologies and focused on customer service. Our aim is to promote work/life balance feel comfortable to bring their best to work, and to truly be focused on a common goal which is to provide a world class railway service.
Become part of a talented and passionate team dedicated to enhancing and delivering projects that improve the safety and reliability of Melbourne’s rail network. Doing truly meaningful work in a supportive and inclusive culture that encourages you to make the most of your talents.
We provide a range of employee benefits that will make your experience working at MTM both professionally and personally rewarding.
Metro Trains currently has an opportunity for an experienced Program Manager to lead a team of 10 delivering Metro's and the Rail Network Alliance's (RNA) commitment under the contract and any other additional agreed works in support of Victoria's 'Big Build' Infrastructure Program.
The role is responsible for facilitating activities ensuring successful, safe and profitable delivery of concurrent work packages and projects across an alliance/package. The Program Manager will be aware of the alliance's performance and is directly accountable for agreed Metro performance targets and Metro's pivotal point of contact for all alliance matters.
As Program Manager you will lead a team to deliver RNA's scope of Dynamic Testing, this is a vital role within the Rail Network Alliance (RNA).
The position will be accountable for successfully planning and executing agreed strategies to deliver testing within the greenfield tunnel environment. The role will play an essential part, interfacing with the Route to Acceptance team to develop an integrated program of works in conjunction with the Cross Yarra Partnership counterparts.
The Program Manager needs to liaise with the required interface stakeholders for the performance of the Systems, Energisation, Dynamic Testing, Trial Operations & Trial Runnings phases of the project.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Ensuring necessary planning and preparation is completed for each critical system; for the running of each test/demonstration/witness scenario, script and case for the suite of Integration, dynamic test and trial running phases for the project.
- Ensuring the day-to-day test planning, preparation, communication, liaison, test performance reporting, test report triaging, management summary reporting, and DRACAS/FRACAS report disposition aspects.
- Ensuring appropriate resources, organisational support and commercial viability for Metro to safely deliver the program/packages and sets objectives in line with Metro strategies.
- Lead the application of project management knowledge, skills, tools, and methodologies throughout all stages of the project life cycle, including selecting the appropriate equipment, resources, services, and techniques coupled with managing complex technical project management operations.
- Support the Project Director in strategic support of Tier 1 alliance partners and critical Government Agencies across the industry, keeping stakeholders abreast of any process and operational issues to accomplish project Integration
- Be responsible for budget management and forecasting during delivery and maintain and manage records for safety audit purposes.
- Identify and implement programs supporting continuous improvements in business performance, reduce unnecessary waste, reduce costs, improve productivity and enhance effectiveness.
- A Tertiary qualification in project management, engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Engineering, Rail, Project Management and Construction or related disciplines.
- Previous experience managing and leading a large team of contractors and consultants.
- Experience in a railway system operational or design environment across Victoria Rail Projects
- Ability to interpret complex technical information and communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to schedule work priorities to ensure deadlines are strictly adhered to with the ability to negotiate outcomes
- Must be able to communicate effectively verbally & written will all levels of stakeholders across a large business unit
- Strong attention to detail, ability to write reports and manage time effectively.
This is a fantastic and dynamic opportunity to build on the career you have developed to date and be part of the legacy that ‘connects people and places for a growing Melbourne’.
If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience, and career aspiration then we want to hear from you!
Please submit your application via our recruitment portal by Sunday 4th December 2022 to be considered for this position.
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please do note only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.
Why work for Metro?
- Attractive Remuneration: Excellent pay and corporate partner benefits / discounts
- Career Progression: Career development support and opportunities to learn new skills within a multi-disciplinary environment
- Vibrant and Ambitious Team: A collaborative team of passionate people who are dedicated to delivering projects that improve the safety and reliability of Melbourne’s rail network
- Permanent Opportunity: Our ongoing involvement in the exciting pipeline of major rail projects
- Benefits: Free Myki travel across Victoria and other great corporate discounts
- Work-Life Balance and Hybrid Working: We encourage flexibility and wellbeing; you will manage your own schedule and we will support you to thrive in your role. MTM supports flexible working arrangements.