Metro Trains Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
Metro moves you around Melbourne.
As the city’s metropolitan rail service, Metro operates 226 six carriage trains across 998 kilometres of track, transporting 450,000 customers each day. We aim to encourage the Melbourne community’s vibrant and ever evolving lifestyles, by providing a seamless transport solution to keep individuals connected.
With 15 lines, 222 stations and services seven days a week, Metro can take you wherever you’re headed across the city, whenever you want to go.
Metro is a multi-award winning organisation, and we pride ourselves on our team of honest, high performing professionals who are talented, inclusive and safety focused and who are at the core of our success. You will be joining an organisation that is known as a global leader in its field but also prides itself on being dynamic, embracing new technologies and focused on customer service. Our aim is to promote work/life balance, allow team members to bring their best to work and truly be focused on a common goal which is to provide a world-class railway service.
About the Team
Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM) are currently seeking dynamic Completions Coordinator to be part of our Franchise Projects Division. The Franchise Projects portfolio includes all projects delivered by Metro Trains on behalf of the Department of Transport (Formerly PTV). It includes Third Party Projects accessing our network to conduct their own works examples of these are: The Westgate Tunnel Project, North East Link and major Utilities like Melbourne Water.
About the Role
In this role, you will support the completions process and integrity of asset information in accordance with Metro’s requirements in support of Franchise projects. As the Completions Coordinator you will provide efficient coordination and support the facilitation of asset handover to ensure it is safe, compliant and integrates with the network in accordance with Metro’s requirements.
This is a permanent full-time opportunity. As an MTM employee, you will have access to free travel along the network.
The key responsibilities of a Completions Coordinator will include but not be limited to:
- Supports in facilitating the completions and asset acceptance process centrally within the portfolio.
- Ability to use data to write and present reports, and inform on progress and provide status updates.
- Support the adherence to MTM Project Completions Procedure requirements within the portfolio by leveraging systems and process optimisation requirements during the delivery stage on behalf of Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM).
- Facilitates the processing of asset acceptance requirements (Operational Completion Certificate (OCC), Project Completion Certificate (PCC), Final Acceptance Certificate (FAC)).
- QA completions documentation and coordination of review/approval and workflow.
- Conduct as-built drawing packaging, review and submission in compliance with Drawings Management Procedure.
- Manage the drawing and asset acceptance register.
- Manage document control of completion and handover documentation.
- Manage the asset acceptance workflow via TeamBinder.
- Support stakeholder engagement and management (contractors, infrastructure, engineering, and client).
- Provision of management reports, including alignment with MTM and client reporting requirements.
- Support completion management plan and drawing management plan reviews.
- Support projects in tracking submission and review of completions deliverables.
- Support key stakeholders in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Support the Completions Manager promoting consistency across the portfolios in the compliance, delivery and reporting of completions requirements.
- Have experience working with data, using MTM’s project management tool, the Project Hub, to manipulate and transform the data into meaningful reports driving positive change and ensuring the adherence to MTM’s Project Completion Procedure.
- Attend and collaborate in meetings with delivery teams and contractors ensuring continuous improvement processes are driven with our stakeholders.
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Qualification in Quality Management or equivalent
- Ability to analyse data and write and present reports
- Ability to manage, operate and maintain systems & tools
- Proven Microsoft Excel knowledge and ability
- Proven experience in stakeholder engagement across multiple groups
- Previous experience in similar role within Completions is desirable
- 3-4 years experience in reporting and analysis highly desirable
Why work for Metro?
- Attractive Remuneration: Excellent pay package with laptop and mobile phone
- Career Progression: Career development support and opportunities to learn new skills within a multi-disciplinary environment
- Vibrant and Ambitious Team: A collaborative team of passionate people who are dedicated to delivering projects that improve the safety and reliability of Melbourne’s rail network
- Permanent Opportunity: Our ongoing involvement in the exciting pipeline of major rail projects
- Benefits: Free Myki travel across Victoria and other great corporate discounts
- Work-Life Balance and Hybrid Working: We encourage flexibility and wellbeing; you will manage your own schedule and we will support you to thrive in your role. MTM supports flexible working arrangements.
This is a fantastic opportunity to build on the career you've developed to date and take it to the next level by making a tangible impact that matters.
If what you have read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then please submit your application by COB, 11TH December 2022.
MTM is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please note only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.