Metro Trains Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
Metro is a multi-award-winning organization and we pride ourselves on our team of honest, high performing professionals who are talented, inclusive and safety focused and who are at the core of our success.
Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM) takes pride in “Moving Melbourne” and aims to provide a world class railway.
This is your chance to be part of an organization working on multiple projects in Victoria’s Big Build which is delivering 165 major road and rail projects, including Metro Tunnel, a second underground railway for Melbourne with 5 new stations, removal of 85 level crossings across Melbourne and the Melbourne Airport Rail.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Sitting in the greater architecture team, the Infrastructure Architect ensures Infrastructure and Datacentre solutions meet business needs while adhering to EA strategies, processes, guidelines, security best practice and business goals.
The role is also responsible for creating all architecture artefacts relating to Datacentre and Infrastructure solutions, any dependencies and implementation governance, as well as evaluation of future network technologies to enable business agility, asset management improvements, data quality improvements, system efficiency, risk reduction and cost saving.
- Facilitate the creation of governance, assurance and standards to guide Enterprise Architect (EA) decision making
- Engage with technical presales activities including the delivery of Feasibility Studies, Project Brief, Business Requirements Documents (BRD) and Order of Magnitude Estimations (OOM)
- Deliver High Level Designs (HLDs), Total Costs Estimation (TCE), Bill of Material (BoM), Detail Level Design (DLDs), messaging contracts, Technical Maintenance Plans (TMPs) associated with the assigned solution
- Manage vendors as part of scoping and procurement processes
- Act as the technical lead on project initiatives throughout delivery
- Perform governance duties, such as reviewing As-Built documentation and work instructions, to ensure compliance with strategy documentation, OCMS Renewal Principles, HLD, DLD and messaging contracts
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field of study, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience in at least 2 of the following disciplines:
- Cloud Architecture (including AWS and Azure)
- Systems Engineering
- Solutions Architecture / Infrastructure Architecture
- Datacentre design Architecture
- Network Architecture
- Security Architecture
- Application Development / Application Architecture
- High level of expertise in hypervisors, Windows and Linux operating systems, Windows SQL and PostgreSQL databases
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Vmware Certification (VCDX or VCP) desirable
WHY WORK FOR METRO
- Full time permanent opportunity
- Opportunity to work on significant projects that are contributing to modernising Melbourne's Metropolitan Network
- Metro supports work life balance and we would like to hear from you about what flexibility means to you.
- All Metro employees receive a free MYKI pass that allows free public transport in Victoria.
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply.