Operations Testing Manager
Metro Trains Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
Metro is a multi-award winning organisation, and we pride ourselves on our team of honest, high performing professionals who are talented, inclusive and safety focused and who are at the core of our success. You will be joining an organisation that is known as a global leader in its field but also prides itself on being dynamic, embracing new technologies and focused on customer service. Our aim is to promote work/life balance, allow team members to bring their best to work and to truly be focused on a common goal which is to provide a world-class railway service.
The Metro Tunnel Project (MTP) is a transformational public transport project that will bring more trains to your suburb and reduce travel times by running the busy Cranbourne, Pakenham and Sunbury lines through a new tunnel. By untangling the City Loop, more trains can run more often across Melbourne.
We’ve finished digging twin 9km tunnels, and construction is underway on 5 new stations and testing of the new High Capacity Signalling system that will enable turn-up-and-go services.
Rail Network Alliance has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Operations Testing Manager to join the MTP Team.
We are seeing an experienced Operations Testing Manager that will support in the delivery of projects within the operations and testing space. You’ll lead this drive and will be responsible for planning and executing extensive campaigns of real-world operational trials that demonstrate the rail its way is operatable, reliable, resilient and maintainable in readiness for passenger service.
This role is a fulltime, max term. As an MTM employee, you will have access to free travel along the network.
- You’ll develop and delivery strategies for delivery of operational trails in support of assurances cases for entry into passenger service.
- Manage planning and logistics for operational trials including coordinating operators, maintainers, train transfer and stabling
- Programming and scheduling operational concept and operational testing activities.
- Ensure alignment of trials aims and results with systems assurance and business readiness needs to ensure each trial adds value.
- Manage delivery of campaign plans, test procedures, Test Cases and Test Scripts for each operational trials campaign
- Leading trials teams and test participants during execution, including real time decision making and managing unforeseen events, changes, limitations and test failures
- Ensure all testing activities are conducted with integrity and transparency
- A strong focus on safety and ability to identify and intervene in any unsafe situations that may present. You’ll also assess operational testing and generate evidence reports.
- Ensuring defects (technical and operational) found during trials are managed and rectified.
- Run expert review, progress, delivery and executive level forums and report trials results to a variety of stakeholders.
The successful applicant will call on their operations and testing experience to ensure that:
- You'll have experience in an operational testing environment, understanding test cases and scripts for trail campaigns
- The operators/maintainers are prepared and ready for trials
- The resources and logistics are planned and available,
- The trials site is safely and effectively managed, configured and maintained
- The trials campaign is executed safely, efficiently and delivers a clear result that achieves all of its test aims.
- The evidence gathered is processed and used to support evidence-based claims of safety and readiness ahead of entering service.
Why Work for Metro
Attractive Remuneration: Excellent pay package with laptop and mobile phone
Career Progression: Career development support and opportunities to learn new skills within a multi-disciplinary environment while being able to make this role your own
Vibrant and Ambitious Team: A diverse and collaborative team of passionate people who are dedicated to delivering projects that improve the safety and reliability of Melbourne’s rail network across the Victorian Big Build
Benefits: Free Myki travel across Victoria and other great corporate discounts
Work-Life Balance and Hybrid Working: We encourage flexibility and wellbeing; you will manage your own schedule and we will support you to thrive in your role. MTM supports flexible working arrangements.
This is a fantastic and high-profile opportunity to build on the career you have developed to date and be part of the legacy that ‘connects people and places for a growing Melbourne’.
If what you have read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then please submit your application by Sunday 29th Janurary 2023.
Please note that shortlisting may commence prior to the closure date.
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please do note only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.