Metro Trains Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
Metro is a multi-award winning organisation and we pride ourselves on our team of honest, high performing professionals who are talented, inclusive and safety focused and who are at the core of our success. You will be joining an organisation that is known as a global leader in its field but also prides itself on being dynamic, embracing new technologies and focused on customer service. Our aim is to promote work/life balance feel comfortable to bring their best to work, and to truly be focused on a common goal which is to provide a world class railway service.
Why work for Metro?
- Our ongoing involvement in the exciting pipeline of major rail projects
- Career development support and opportunities to learn new skills within a multi-disciplinary environment
- A collaborative team of passionate people who are dedicated to delivering projects that improve the safety and reliability of Melbourne’s rail network
- Free travel across Victoria’s public transport network
- Flexible working arrangements
Metro Trains Melbourne currently have a vacancy for a Document Controller to join our team as part Level Crossing Review Group (LXRG). Your role as a Document Controller is to support our projects division in particular the Level Crossing Removal Project, in efficient document control and records management, whilst also being a key contributor to further development and improvements in the document control process.
Based from our project offices in the CBD, this role is offered as permanent full time with flexible working arrangements being a mixture of office based working and working from home. We also encourage applications from people who are interested in part time working arrangements.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Maintenance and delivery of records/data management services and systems
- Collate, record, and disseminate commentary from reviews and close out subsequent document revisions as required
- Adhere to all legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Establish working relationships with stakeholders and ensure adherence to document control processes
- Provide documentation in the appropriate manner and formats
- Manage and maintain information flow and reports for the project/s
- Provide feedback on system effectiveness
- Check information on drawings for conformance with status and format agreed
- Maintain audit schedules and conduct project quality audits
- Ensure internally created documents conform to agreed project / alliance standards and follow review processes to ensure compliance is achieved
- Ensure Team Binder / Project Point is up-to-date and is in accordance with the Document Records Management Plan
- Demonstrated experience in a Document Control position.
- Proven experience in using document management systems such as Team Binder.
- Knowledge of research techniques, project systems and procedures.
- Ability to use and maintain administrative systems.
- Ability to schedule work priorities to ensure deadlines are strictly adhered to.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff (verbal and written).
This is a fantastic opportunity to build on your current career and take it to the next level by making a tangible impact that matters. If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you!
If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you! Applications close Sunday 5th of February, 2023
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please do note only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.