Project Coordinator - Signalling Systems
Metro Trains Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
Metro is a multi-award-winning organization and we pride ourselves on our team of honest, high performing professionals who are talented, inclusive and safety focused and who are at the core of our success.
Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM) takes pride in “Moving Melbourne” and aims to provide a world class railway.
This is your chance to be part of an organization working on multiple projects in Victoria’s Big Build which is delivering 165 major road and rail projects, including Metro Tunnel, a second underground railway for Melbourne with 5 new stations, removal of 85 level crossings across Melbourne and the Melbourne Airport Rail.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Project Coordinator is responsible for coordinating activities and resources in support of projects that impact multiple departments, systems, or workflows with moderate to high risk and complexity or multiple projects simultaneously with lesser risk and complexity.
They will Act as delegate for OCMS Project/Program Manager and support the analysis of requirements, processes, documentation artefacts, deliverables, and related project documentation through the lifecycle of the project(s).
- Liaise with PMO Manager, Project Managers and stakeholders on project and/or PMO support duties
- Assisting the Project Manager with the preparation of project documentation for specific activities/works according to the MTM and OCM Project Management Frameworks
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans and project schedules
- Assisting the Project Manager with financial management, including forecasting and accruals, and financial invoicing and material procurement
- Assisting the Project Manager with the submission of the Project Monthly Report to MTM and DOT management, and in the effective maintenance and review of Project Control Registers including Risks, Issues and Dependencies
- Providing administrative support for project meetings (such as kick-off meetings, workshops, Project Steering Group meetings, etc.) including organising logistics and attendance, preparing materials and agendas, capturing minutes and decisions, following-up on actions, and communications
- Tertiary qualification in Business or Project Management or Engineering (Electrical, Telecommunications, Computer Systems) or relevant practical experience.
- Proven delivery experience in either Waterfall or Agile methodology
- Previous experience working in multi-disciplinary team(s) integrating systems
- Strong Stakeholder Management and Influencing skills
- Ability to plan and develop detailed project scope and requirements for construction, according to defined standards / specifications
- Commercial/Financial experience and ability to understand the monetary impact of changes to designs and engineering systems highly regarded
WHY WORK FOR METRO
- Full time permanent opportunity
- Opportunity to work on significant projects that are contributing to modernising Melbourne's Metropolitan Network
- Metro supports work life balance and we would like to hear from you about what flexibility means to you.
- All Metro employees receive a free MYKI pass that allows free public transport in Victoria.
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply.