Fitter and Turner - Workshop
Metro Trains Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
Metro is a multi-award winning organisation and we pride ourselves on our team of honest, high performing professionals who are talented, inclusive and safety focused and who are at the core of our success.
Play a key role in the provision of safe, efficient and compliant diagnosis, examination, servicing, overhaul and repair of mechanical, pneumatic and mechatronic components in accordance with approved standards and instructions This role is offered on a 15-Month Max-Term contract. You will be operating out of Metro Trains Craigieburn depot paid under the Enterprise Agreement - Rolling Stock.
- Overhauling of complex Door operating mechanisms.
- Work to pre-defined procedures in line with established work practices
- Examine, service, maintain, overhaul and test mechanical, pneumatic, and mechatronic components
- Diagnose faults, assist with investigations and non-conformances
- Accurately complete electronic and paper documentation including timesheets and any specific documentation
- Contribute to engineering development projects by providing technical support and expertise
- Use technical data and information to assist with fault finding
Qualifications & Skills
- Mechanical or Mechatronic trade or tertiary qualification - Fitter and Turner
- 5+ years relevant industrial experience (Airline, Military, Oilfield, Automotive, Rail) including mechatronic component maintenance, servicing and overhaul
- Performing complex tests, sometimes with minimal instruction and developing/assisting with the development of documentation
- Working both within a team environment and independently and without supervision
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical assembly drawings, wiring diagrams and bills of material
- Experience working with diagnostic tools.
Why work for MTM?
- Receive a free Myki card for free public transport
- Excellent Culture and further career opportunities
- Full-time employment out of Craigieburn Maintenance facility
Applications will close 5th Feb 2023 with shortlisting to commence upon application.
If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you!
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please do note only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.