Asset and Finance Systems Lead
Metro Trains Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
Metro is a multi-award-winning organization and we pride ourselves on our team of honest, high performing professionals who are talented, inclusive and safety focused and who are at the core of our success.
Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM) takes pride in “Moving Melbourne” and aims to provide a world class railway.
This is your chance to be part of an organization working on multiple projects in Victoria’s Big Build which is delivering 165 major road and rail projects, including Metro Tunnel, a second underground railway for Melbourne with 5 new stations, removal of 85 level crossings across Melbourne and the Melbourne Airport Rail.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This position will see the successful candidate leading the IT Finance and Assets Application support and maintenance function. They will manage a team of developers and support administrators within the Corporate Applications team.
This position is responsible for the management of existing Corporate ERP and Procurement systems as well as facilitating the introduction of new business support systems. The role contributes to the planning, direction and oversight of all applicable activities including management and coordination of software updates, coordination of issue resolution, delivery of configuration changes as well as environment upgrades to mitigate against obsolescence.
A critical component of the role is strong, proactive business engagement to ensure best outcomes to ensure our stakeholders understand the value from our solutions and services.
- Lead a team in providing system administration as well as business critical support for all applicable Finance and assets and Procurement applications
- Strong, proactive customer focus and business engagement, including selling the value of our solutions and services
- Act as the business liaison for the Finance and assets procurement function and work with business stakeholders to manage change, issues as well as appropriately manage expectations
- Manage all applicable budgets, cash flow estimates and other required financial management and reporting
- Build and develop technical capability within the team and create an environment that enables the measurement of success
- Tertiary qualification in software Engineering / Computer Science discipline or relevant experience
- 5-10 years’ experience in managing an application function
- A track record in influencing stakeholders to ensure practical pragmatic outcomes are achieved and move the team and business forward.
- Strong understanding of system development lifecycle management, IT services management, infrastructure
- Demonstrated experience in managing a high performing team in a project delivery and/or system support capacity
- Exceptional soft and interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation
WHY WORK FOR METRO
- Full time permanent opportunity
- Opportunity to work on significant projects that are contributing to modernising Melbourne's Metropolitan Network
- Metro supports work life balance and we would like to hear from you about what flexibility means to you.
- All Metro employees receive a free MYKI pass that allows free public transport in Victoria.
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply.