Procurement Functional - Technical Specialist
Metro Trains Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
Metro is a multi-award-winning organization and we pride ourselves on our team of honest, high performing professionals who are talented, inclusive and safety focused and who are at the core of our success.
Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM) takes pride in “Moving Melbourne” and aims to provide a world class railway.
This is your chance to be part of an organization working on multiple projects in Victoria’s Big Build which is delivering 165 major road and rail projects, including Metro Tunnel, a second underground railway for Melbourne with 5 new stations, removal of 85 level crossings across Melbourne and the Melbourne Airport Rail.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Procurement Functional/Technical Analyst position exists to support the business users with application questions such as functional “how to Questions” assist in resolution of system issues, problem solving, and support/ configuration / implementation of new features and future capabilities as per the application roadmap or business needs.
This position plays a key role in contributing to uplifting the use of the Ariba platform and ensuring best practice in SAP Ariba and providing functional guidance to the business.
- Provide day to day Ariba support so that outcomes and service levels are met.
- Provide functional and business knowledge for SAP Ariba P2P modules.
- Providing detailed recommendations to help our end user and streamline its Source-to-pay (S2P) processes.
- Support staff to configure the application so that it supports the streamlined S2P processes in the most optimum manner possible.
- Configure, manage delivery and enhancing Ariba S2P application to be more efficient and extract more value from a business perspective
- Ensure the reliability of Ariba S2P application meet business needs and operate with urgency to deliver on commitments.
- Manage and oversee release schedules in production after completion of appropriate testing as prescribed by the Technical Change Board requirements.
- Tertiary studies in a Software Engineering/ Computer Science discipline.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in supporting ARIBA S2P functions in a medium to large organisation.
- A minimum 5 years’ hands on experience in configuring Ariba Source- to-pay application (i.e., Workflow configuration, vendor punch out and cataloguing, workflow approvals, Sourcing, and e-invoicing)
- Experience in using incident management for the day-to-day handling of incidents/service request
- Industry experience in Rail or Transport highly regarded
WHY WORK FOR METRO
- Full time permanent opportunity
- Opportunity to work on significant projects that are contributing to modernising Melbourne's Metropolitan Network
- Metro supports work life balance and we would like to hear from you about what flexibility means to you.
- All Metro employees receive a free MYKI pass that allows free public transport in Victoria.
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply.