Metro Trains Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM) is a multi-award winning organisation and we pride ourselves on our team of high performing talented professionals who are safety and delivery focused, and are at the core of our success.
You will be joining an organisation that is known for being dynamic, embracing new technologies and focused on customer service. Our aim is to promote work/life balance feel comfortable to bring their best to work, and to truly be focused on a common goal which is to provide a world class railway service.
Become part of a talented and passionate team dedicated to enhancing and delivering projects that improve the safety and reliability of Melbourne’s rail network. Doing truly meaningful work in a supportive and inclusive culture that encourages you to make the most of your talents.
We are currently looking for Cost Controller to support the cost control function to provide support to minimize deviation from budget and maximise business outcomes by effectively controlling and monitoring project costs through planning, developing, controlling and forecasting the project’s budget, providing technical and strategic advice, analytical oversight, support and guidance to project management and together with coordination assistance on a range of project cost controls activities working closely across multiple functions and stakeholders.
You will be supporting the successful delivery of what will be one of the most iconic projects in Melbourne, the highly anticipated Melbourne Airport Rail (MAR) Project!
This is a unique and exciting role as you will support various projects and gain exposure to multi-disciplinary teams this will enable you to further your experience and develop a long-term career with Metro.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Providing adequate information flow to project management regarding budgets, expenditure, forecasts and progress to enable informed decision making.
- Assist in supporting the maintenance of the project cost controls platform to ensure data integrity and accurate reporting is provided in a timely manner
- Manage the establishment and maintenance of project cost breakdown/job codes and documentation to facilitate management, monitoring, controlling & reporting of costs for a project and/or multiple projects
- Preparing forecasts, actual cost trend reports and monitoring cost and commitment to budget and forecast across all stages of the project life cycle and ensure client requirements are met including allocating budgets, reporting cost deviations and cash flow reporting.
- Building and maintaining relationships between estimating, planning and procurement to assure information flow and awareness of all aspects of project cost controls
- Work with various functional (including project managers, commercial/finance, planning, and estimating) to ensure best for project outcomes are achieved.
- Tertiary qualification in project management, engineering, finance/business or equivalent.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in Cost Control including controlling costs throughout the project lifecycle
- Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge and experience using Power BI
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and consultation expertise
- Experience with stakeholder engagement across multi-disciplinary organisations
- Ability to schedule work priorities to ensure deadlines are strictly adhered to whilst managing complex situations, having solid problem solving and negotiating skills
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally & written will all levels of stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail, ability to write reports and manage time effectively.
This is a fantastic and dynamic opportunity to build on the career you have developed to date and be part of the legacy that ‘connects people and places for a growing Melbourne’.
If what you have read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then please submit your application by Tuesday 14th February 2023.
Please note a Police Check / Health Assessment and current Victorian driver’s license is required for this position.
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please do note that only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.
Why work for Metro?
- Attractive Remuneration: Excellent pay and corporate partner benefits / discounts
- Career Progression: Career development support and opportunities to learn new skills within a multi-disciplinary environment
- Vibrant and Ambitious Team: A collaborative team of passionate people who are dedicated to delivering projects that improve the safety and reliability of Melbourne’s rail network
- Permanent Opportunity: Our ongoing involvement in the exciting pipeline of major rail projects
- Benefits: Free Myki travel across Victoria and other great corporate discounts
- Work-Life Balance and Hybrid Working: We encourage flexibility and wellbeing; you will manage your own schedule and we will support you to thrive in your role. MTM supports flexible working arrangements.