Metro Trains Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
Metro is a multi-award-winning organization and we pride ourselves on our team of honest, high performing professionals who are talented, inclusive and safety focused and who are at the core of our success.
Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM) takes pride in “Moving Melbourne” and aims to provide a world class railway.
This is your chance to be part of an organization working on multiple projects in Victoria’s Big Build which is delivering 165 major road and rail projects, including Metro Tunnel, a second underground railway for Melbourne with 5 new stations, removal of 85 level crossings across Melbourne and the Melbourne Airport Rail.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role will primarily focus on the delivery and support function associated with the Rail Operations Management Systems (ROMS) suite of applications. This suite consists of The Timetable Management System (TMS), The Fleet Management System (FMS), The Staff Management System (SMS), The Day of Operations System (Quintiq).
The role will cover all application support and maintenance activities including installation and configuration of application updates, enhancements, coordination of issue resolution, delivery of configuration changes that directly relate to the ROMS suite and any other application specific administration required.
- Expected to liaise with professional and technical staff both internally within MTM and external 3rd party providers regarding setting up appropriate software, carry out integration tasks, perform data configuration, as well as complex problem resolution.
- Perform support and maintenance activities in a mixed Windows, and Linux operating system environment, across multiple locations including Metro’s disaster recovery site.
- Proactively identify potential ROMS application issues, regularly monitor and evaluate logs, and recommend appropriate solutions to ensure the highest levels of system availability are met at all times.
- Document support and maintenance procedures related to ROMS application systems.
- This role will be expected to provide on call support to MTM operations users while working on a rotating roster within the ROMS support team to ensure 24/7 support coverage.
- Industry experience in Systems Engineering
- Demonstrate a proven track record for conducting routine and reactive maintenance on software applications.
- Intermediate Windows & Linux administration skills
- Knowledge, understanding and experience with Database systems such as Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with Quintiq, Hastus or Trapeze applications highly regarded
- Scripting experience using Powershell and/or Python highly regarded
WHY WORK FOR METRO
- Full time permanent opportunity
- Opportunity to work on significant projects that are contributing to modernising Melbourne's Metropolitan Network
- Metro supports work life balance and we would like to hear from you about what flexibility means to you.
- All Metro employees receive a free MYKI pass that allows free public transport in Victoria.
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply.