Metro Trains Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
Metro is a multi-award-winning organization and we pride ourselves on our team of honest, high performing professionals who are talented, inclusive and safety focused and who are at the core of our success.
Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM) takes pride in “Moving Melbourne” and aims to provide a world class railway.
This is your chance to be part of an organization working on multiple projects in Victoria’s Big Build which is delivering 165 major road and rail projects, including Metro Tunnel, a second underground railway for Melbourne with 5 new stations, removal of 85 level crossings across Melbourne and the Melbourne Airport Rail.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The purpose of the Application Solution Architect role is to provide Application Architecture oversight and provide timely technology solutions to meet business needs while adhering to Enterprise Architecture (EA) strategies, processes, guidelines, security best practice and business goals.
The Application Solution Architect role is is responsible for creating all architecture artefacts relating to the solution, any dependencies and implementation governance.
The scope of the role also includes evaluation of future technologies to enable business agility, asset management improvements, data quality improvements, system efficiency, risk reduction and cost saving.
- Deliver Solution Architecture Documents (SADs), Detail Level Design (DLDs), Total Costs Estimation (TCE), Bill of Material (BoM), messaging contracts, Technical Maintenance Plans (TMPs) associated with the assigned solution.
- Support the creation of governance, assurance and standards to guide EA decision making.
- Provide guidance and governance on vendor generated design documentation ensuring compliance with MTM’s EA.
- Participate in cybersecurity governance and assessment processes including, Security Risk Assessments (SRA), Victorian Protective Data Security Framework (VPDSF) assessments
- Maintain an in-depth technical knowledge aligned with the existing and future technology asset portfolio.
- Ensure appropriate architecture gates and practices are integrated into all relevant processes.
- Provide architectural consulting expertise, direction and assistance to business representatives, key stakeholders, and IT personnel
- Strong experience in creating effective partnerships to deliver architectural outcomes.
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field of study, or equivalent experience.
- Five or more years of experience in Application Solutions Architecture.
- Strong understanding of data and integration architecture pertaining to developing application solution architecture.
- Knowledge of business, operating and financial models, as well as cost-benefit analysis, budgeting and risk management.
- Knowledge of business ecosystems, Software as a Service (SaaS), infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), SOA, APIs, open data, micro-services, event-driven IT and predictive analytics.
WHY WORK FOR METRO
- Full time permanent opportunity.
- Opportunity to work on significant projects that are contributing to modernising Melbourne's Metropolitan Network.
- Metro supports work life balance and we would like to hear from you about what flexibility means to you.
- All Metro employees receive a free MYKI pass that allows free public transport in Victoria.
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply.