Document Author (Ops)
Metro Trains Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
Metro moves you around Melbourne.
As the city’s metropolitan rail service, Metro operates 226 six carriage trains across 998 kilometres of track, transporting 450,000 customers each day. We aim to encourage the Melbourne community’s vibrant and ever evolving lifestyles, by providing a seamless transport solution to keep individuals connected.
With 15 lines, 222 stations and services seven days a week, Metro can take you wherever you’re headed across the city, whenever you want to go.
- Full time, 18-month fixed term positions
- Based in Collins Street, Melbourne CBD
- Attractive salary package and generous benefits
About the role
Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM) is embarking on a once in a lifetime generational change due to the investment in new infrastructure such as Melbourne Tunnel Project (MTP) and Melbourne Airport Rail (MAR), resulting in a growing network and the opportunity to deliver year on year innovative transport solutions for the city of Melbourne.
We are seeking experienced Document Authors to take on the opportunity to build on their career developed to date and make tangible impact that matters. In this role, you will be required to support the planning, implementation, and reporting of the Trial Operations on surface and tunnel phases of the Metro Tunnel Project. Trial Operations will represent the following:
- Procedure Validation Exercises
- Reliability Growth Trips
- Timetable Proving Days and Staff Familiarisation
These roles will also lead the interfaces and engagement with a broad range of involved stakeholders across the Project.
You will be a highly effective communicator (both written and verbal) with proven ability to author high-quality documentation within a dynamic operating environment or similar. In addition, you will possess:
- Experience working with Rail Operating rules and procedures (highly regarded but not essential)
- Knowledge of the operation of Rail Signalling Systems procedures (highly regarded but not essential)
- Ability to develop detailed plans and procedures
- Ability to interpret complex plans and identify risk
- Experience in the preparation of high-quality reports and position papers
- Highly effective stakeholder management skills across all levels
- Comprehensive negotiation and persuasion skills coupled with the ability and credibility to influence decisions.
- Experience at collecting, interpreting and presenting workplace data and information in a meaningful way to support decision-making.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities to ensure deadlines are strictly adhered to.
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent in Technical Writing. Project Management etc (highly regarded)
Our teams are enriched with individuals that possess diverse skills and experience and are passionate about contributing to Metro Trains values, goals and strategy. If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you.
About our Benefits
We offer free public transport state-wide, discounted gym memberships and insurance discounts. You will receive professional support and development from an engaged leadership team, focussed on innovation and cultivating a customer service centric environment.
How to apply
Please submit your application, including a cover letter demonstrating your relevant experience and strengths, and resume by C.O.B, 8 February 2023