Azure Solutions Sales Manager - FSI & Retail
Location: Remote - AU/NZ only
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
Microsoft's Commercial Solution Area sets the sales strategy, leads technical sales, and operates as a hub for the Commercial Solution Areas and Support Services that power the Microsoft Cloud. We work closely with other Microsoft teams and partners, especially Customer Success, Marketing, and the ATU, to ensure those solutions meet our customers’ needs.
The impact you'll be making:
The Azure Core Specialist Manager, FSI and Retail is a leader within our enterprise sales organisation. The Azure Core Specialist Manager leads, develops and manages a team of high performing Azure Core, Azure SAP and Azure Customer Acquisition Specialists to drive solution opportunity revenue and market share by executing our go to market strategy for FSI and Retail customers.
This role is a key leader in our overall Azure sales strategy, responsible for coordinating holistic cloud efforts across infrastructure, data, applications, and security. Preferred candidates will carry both cloud technical and business acumen to lead digital transformation efforts with customers that own both technical and decision making, including executive board rooms.
The purpose of this role
- Leads sellers to drive the Azure business to overachieve revenue, consumption, and scorecard target
- Develops their seller’s Solution Sales and technical skills to sell the business outcomes of the broader Azure and overall Microsoft platform
- Coaches Seller’s with a “challenger mentality” by prompting Seller’s to engage early and lead with new insights on how to grow the customers’ business.
- Drives strong partnership with sales teams and other teams engaging in the customer (e.g. partners, services, Customer Success, engineering support, etc.)
- Maintains the pipeline and the forecast to required operational standards
- Drives new business opportunities to achieve targets contributing positively to relevant subsidiary scorecard metrics
- Drives higher levels of operational excellence. Ensures appropriate 4 quarter qualified pipeline in place by workload/solution.
- Develops a high-performing team by hiring diverse talent, prioritizing development, leading by example and by preparing people for more senior positions in other parts of the organization.
- Successful teams and team members are recognized and rewarded, both within the sales organization and at Corporate levels.
- Drives cross-team collaboration with CSU, ATU and other STU peers
- Brings industry depth and experience in Health and Education to work with customers and coach sales teams on solving the most significant challenges in their industries.
- Lead from the front, personally engaging at CxO level to support and coach teams on opportunity discovery and acceleration. Engages with technical and business leaders on both business and technical outcomes to drive customer value.
- Lead sellers to drive end-to-end business solutions, increasing customer and partner satisfaction and average deal sizes YoY.
- Lead cross-team to ensure customer commitment to consume to migrate and expand cloud services.
- Bring together Microsoft solutions with Partner solutions, fully leverage the synergy effect with Partner solutions, fully leverage the synergy effect with our partners, and co-sell with them to make deals bigger and faster.
What skills do you need to have?
There will be many opportunities for you to learn and grow into this role and Microsoft. However, to be able to best deliver on the purpose of this role, these are the core skills and experiences you should have on day one:
Required/Minimum Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration, or related field AND 5-8+ years of technology-related sales Management OR 10+ years of technology-related leadership experience.
- Solution sales for Azure solutions or similar business public cloud migrations
- Selling software-as-a-service or cloud-based business applications to enterprise customers
- Identifying unique and complex business challenges and solutions
- Leading multi-million-dollar cloud deals requiring orchestration of large, dispersed, virtual teams composed of industry, solution, technical, licensing & legal team members.
- Successfully displacing competitors
- Carrying and exceeding a large sales / cloud consumption quota by driving and closing enterprise deals
- Demonstrated passion and commitment for customer success
- Demonstrated people leader able to coach and inspire a diverse team of Sales and Pre- Sales Professionals.
- Excels at developing strong relationships and leadership connections to understand customer needs.
- Adept at challenging perspectives with new ideas that reframes thinking about deriving value from Microsoft solutions.
- Very strong presentation, white boarding, and communication skills.
- Strong negotiating skills
- Technical Knowledge. Possess both business acumen expertise and technology knowledge to connect how customer business issues impact their IT environments
Team Culture and Support
- Microsoft believes that by investing in our people and creating an inclusive environment, our team will do their best work. See our complete list of benefits and why we are recognised as an Endorsed Employer for Women by WORK180. Microsoft Benefits | WORK180 Endorsed Employer
Our mission is deeply inclusive. See Inside Microsoft | Global Diversity and Inclusion at Microsoft
- Even if you feel you may not meet 100% of the criteria, please apply. You may exceed your own expectations, or we may have another opportunity that suits your potential. While we’re not able to reach out directly to every applicant, we will always do our best to help you feel heard and supported throughout the experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.