ANZ Software Controller
Location: Remote - AU/NZ only
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft Consumer Sales Organisation (CSO) works across all Microsoft products and services sold to Consumers, from Xbox to Surface, Office and Windows.
Microsoft Device Partner Solution Sales (DPSS) works to maximize the Intelligent Edge & Intelligent Cloud opportunity with device builders and channel partners with the goal to deliver world class partner experiences and sales and marketing execution.
The Finance team partners with internal and external customers alike with the goal of maximizing revenue, market share, and mutual profit with our partners and ensuring the highest ethics and compliance in any action. As any finance organization in Microsoft, we:
- Land the company vision around the transformation of our business, consumption and customer orientation in the subsidiaries and externally.
- Drive strategic resource allocation and investments through local insights, ensuring optimal returns aligned with our worldwide strategy.
- Build trust to lay the foundation of long-term growth from a partner and shareholder point of view in a compliant way.
- Empower and inspire our people to lead and be part of top performing teams while providing diverse career opportunities.
The ANZ Software Controller role is an excellent opportunity to be at the heart of a dynamic business in our region. Partnering with the ANZ Office Category Lead and ANZ DPSS Sales lead, it seeks to manage and review the financial performance of the business, identify and critically assess investment opportunities and help shape the landing strategy across ANZ. This role is also expected to drive growth, transformation and strategic initiatives in ANZ, in addition to deep, insightful analysis about the market, partners, trending and risks and opportunities, as well as overseeing the Office and DPSS P&L.
Business Partnership & Management
- Be able to work effectively in a matrix organization – understanding and fostering interactions between the Asia Region and key stakeholders in ANZ.
- Maximize impact by establishing great partnership and trusted advisor status with the ANZ Office Category team, Online Stores and DPSS team, contributing to the progress and direction of the business.
- Drive clarity and insights on the business drivers and the levers available to influence - proactively flagging upsides, risks, actions needed and managing the overall investments and P&L.
- Help institute balanced decision making, driving the business to identify both risk and opportunity. Provide strong stewardship of the business by acting as the conscience of the company and approaches problems with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Able to simplify the complex and inspire through storytelling and excellent communication skills.
- Champion a strong culture of compliance – be knowledgeable on all relevant policies, ensuring solid, robust processes exist to support policy requirements. Leverage analytics to identify risks and treat audits as a learning opportunity.
- Participate and engage in Office Controller and DPSS controller community across Asia, driving key processes through that community, learning and sharing best practices and processes.
Drive Finance & Business Excellence
- Support effective and efficient processes (P&L Close, Forecast, Budget) for Office and DPSS team, ensuring timely analysis of results, accurate forecast and targets aligned with local market dynamics and overall company growth objectives.
- Drive accountability and learnings by systematically analyzing results, ensuring 100% compliance in how funds are spent. Ensure teams are aware of and follow corporate policies and compliance needs related to P&L activities.
- Manage the Office and DPSS P&L to budget or better, with a clear focus on ROI and investment insights.
- Drive the utilization of standard reporting and processes to minimize the use of local tools. Identify areas for further simplification / centralization that addresses both finance and business needs.
- Coordinate with Asia and world wide teams on projects and influence process improvements.
- Proven ability to look beyond the numbers. Effective at cultivating diverse data outlets and connecting the information into a cohesive qualitative story. Ability to objectively formulate opinions and defend viewpoints with business partners.
Drive Growth and Transformation
- Partner with the Office and DPSS team to understand key drivers and levers available to influence performance and drive growth. Challenge the team to identify investment opportunities, with consideration of short-term and LTV perspectives.
- Be a catalyst for growth - own the key growth plan modeling, share insights with the Regional team - work with consistent growth frameworks and gather feedback to continually improve them.
- Be a deep expert on the business - understand the business strategy and the transformational change being driven and connect that with the investment portfolio and how it might be leveraged, shifted to meet changing needs.
- Anticipate what future change may mean for the business in terms of TAM opportunity, channel dynamics, margin and rebate structure, etc. and proactively engage the right teams to explore & address.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field AND 6+ years of post-graduate financial analysis, accounting, controllership or finance work experience.
- OR Master's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field AND 4+ years of post-graduate financial analysis, accounting, controllership or finance work experience.
- Relevant work experience covering ANZ region.
- Strong collaboration, interpersonal, and communication skills with proven ability to partner, build trust, communicate with and influence key stakeholders to a common goal, including Senior Management.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in financial planning and analysis including developing financial models, reporting, analysis, forecasting, and planning.
- Demonstrated experience in problem solving and project management with proven ability to manage multiple projects and competing tasks/priorities to closure.
- Detail oriented & thorough, with ability to think “big picture”.
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and able to make decisions leveraging open-ended data.
- Excellent Excel and Office skills.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.