Customer Success Account Manager
Location: Remote - AU/NZ only
Job Type: Full time
'Achieving our mission requires us to evolve our culture, and it all starts with a growth mindset, a passion to learn and bring our best every day to make a bigger difference in the world'. Satya Nadella, CEO Microsoft.
It has never been a more exciting time to join Microsoft as a Customer Success Account Manager (CSAM). The CSAM is a primary customer relationship role in the Microsoft team supporting our customers on their journey to the Cloud. We are seeking an experienced and motivated person to be the next CSAM in our expanding Utilities sector team, where we empower our customers to deliver world class solutions to Australia’s Utilities customers using the best Microsoft has to offer.
The purpose of the role
The priority for the CSAM is managing the customers successful support experience and assisting them adopt and use Microsoft cloud technologies. As a CSAM you will recognise opportunities to improve your customers experience and help solve their problems utilising Microsoft solutions. CSAMs are responsible for driving the quality delivery of proactive services within the support contract, while partnering with their Reactive Support Managers to understand customer health trends and supporting Reactive Support Management's lead during Strategic Escalations. In addition to owning the support engagement the CSAM takes a lead role in prioritised Cloud Success programs, working to bring the best of One Microsoft to support customers digital transformation and journey to the cloud.
This role will be based in Sydney and will be working with customers in the Utilities sector.
The Impact You'll Be Making :
- Driving customer cloud adoption and customer success through delivery of the Unified Support agreement is the prevailing business priority
- Working with the customer to create and deliver a program of proactive support services to enhance their experience on the Microsoft platform and assist their journey to the cloud.
- Partnering with the core account team to contribute to the strategic account plan and bring technical, industry and customer specific insights to create customer value though accelerating cloud usage
- Creating customer value by accelerating cloud consumption/usage, supportability
- Improving the customer experience with technical intensity and actioning customer feedback
- Orchestrating collaboration across the other parts of the Microsoft business to drive better customer outcomes delivering on the One Microsoft advantage
What skills do you need to have?
- Strong relationship management skills are essential as the CSAM role requires orchestration across multiple internal teams to drive the best outcomes across a range of customer.
- You can understand and identify high level strategic business requirements whilst keeping across daily operational obligations to ensure all customers achieve value from their Microsoft investment,
- Ability to accelerate time to value by managing resources, influencing direction and escalating technical blockers, following through until resolved or workaround is implemented.
- A Growth Mindset approach to learning and stretching yourself outside your comfort zone, with an interest in expanding your technical and project delivery knowledge.
- Innovation is a core focus area at Microsoft, and the CSAM role is no exception, utilising relationship, technical, and customer knowledge to develop innovative solutions to our customer.
There will be many opportunities for you to learn and grow into this role and Microsoft. However, to be able to best deliver on the purpose of this role, these are the core experiences you should have on day one:
- Experience: Over five years of experience managing the delivery of IT related support and solutions that demonstrate measurable impact on business outcomes
- Relationship Building: Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective relationships at a range of levels to create a partnership approach and securing consensus on solutions required
- Technical: Broad understanding of Microsoft technologies and industry directions including cloud. While not essential for selection, a cloud certification would also be desirable
- Program Management: Solid understanding of service management and operations management. Skills in creating, planning, managing and delivering programs through cross-group collaboration, resource orchestration, communication and analysing outcomes by paying close attention to detail.
- Account Planning: Experience in managing a portfolio of customers and participating in account planning
- Collaboration and Communication: Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts, communicating successfully either verbally or in written format and being able to present confidently to large or small audiences including C-Level Executives, Senior Management, Database Administrators, Technical Engineers and End users
- Industry Knowledge: knowledge and experience with customers in the Utilities sectors is desirable
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in a relevant discipline is desirable
Minor travel may be expected in the role.
Team Culture and Support
Microsoft believes that by investing in our people and creating an inclusive environment, our team will do their best work. See our complete list of benefits and why we are recognised as an Endorsed Employer for Women by WORK180. Microsoft Benefits | WORK180 Endorsed Employer
Our mission is deeply inclusive. Inside Microsoft | Global Diversity and Inclusion at Microsoft
Even if you feel you may not meet 100% of the criteria, please apply. You may exceed your own expectations, or we may have another opportunity that suits your potential. While we’re not able to reach out directly to every applicant, we will always do our best to help you feel heard and supported throughout the experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.