Azure Core Specialist
Location: Remote - AU/NZ only
Job Type: Full time
As part of our transformation, one of our key areas of focus is the modernization of our sales motions. The Digital Sales and SMC organization is a dynamic, digital organization with a mission to accelerate Microsoft’s growth in its cloud-first, mobile-first businesses along with the traditional businesses. This organization is at the forefront of delivering a new sales model leveraging modern technology, big data, and analytics to drive impactful engagements leading to customer success.
The purpose of this role
As an Azure Core Specialist, you will engage with customers across industries, company sizes and territories to identify their needs and fulfil them with Microsoft technologies. You will have a thorough understanding of Microsoft and competitor solutions and effectively communicate with decision makers to remove business and technical roadblocks to digital transformation. We are seeking someone with high EQ and executive presence, able to engage with senior decision makers to uncover digital transformation initiatives, and a passion for learning how Azure cloud services can deliver digital transformation.
The impact you’ll be making:
- Work with customers to develop new Azure migration and modernization consumption engagements which align to the customer’s technical and business strategy, transformation plan and business value impact
- Orchestrates with team members on conducting personal campaigns to discover new opportunities and generate new leads
- Champion customer success by successful hand-off to customer success teams with a clearly documented deployment plan.
- Influencing the Microsoft Azure Infrastructure go-to-market strategies by providing feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering on current and future product requirements and sales blockers.
- Have a disciplined in business-management, adaptable to a culture of accountability and build a strong and active business network and pipeline
What skills do you need to have?
There will be many opportunities for you to learn and grow into this role and Microsoft. However, to be able to best deliver on the purpose of this role, these are the core skills and experiences you should have on day one:
- An experienced seller who is passionate about and empathetic towards customers, with proven expertise in value selling and creative sales success
- Leverage your technical and industry expertise to drive sales and growth motions, transforming complex business issues into targeted solutions and customer satisfaction
- Closing deals through effective deal team orchestration - owning Microsoft sales opportunities end to end, to bring the best resources to ensure customer satisfaction and deal success
- 7+ years of technology-related sales or account management experience
(Desirable) Understanding and experience selling into one of the following industries would be an asset: manufacturing and logistics or transport and automation
Perfection not required! Excited about this role but not sure about requirements? Even if you feel you may not meet 100% of the criteria, please apply. You may exceed your own expectations, or we may have another opportunity that suits your potential. While we’re not able to reach out directly to every applicant, we will always do our best to help you feel heard and supported throughout the experience. In the meantime, please see our FAQs, Interview Tips and Accessibility Support for more information on our recruitment process.
Team Culture and Support
Microsoft believes that by investing in our people and creating an inclusive environment, our team will do their best work. See our complete list of benefits and why we are recognised as an Endorsed Employer for Women by WORK180. Microsoft Benefits | WORK180 Endorsed Employer
Our mission is deeply inclusive. Inside Microsoft | Global Diversity and Inclusion at Microsoft
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.