Principal Technical Consultant - Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations
Location: Remote - AU/NZ only
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft ISD Asia Business Application Delivery helps customers maximize their investment in Microsoft Dynamics solutions and the full portfolio of Microsoft Products through accelerated adoption and productive use of technologies.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
The purpose of this role
The Principal Technical Consultant takes a leading role in the technical architecture, design, implementation, and QA of Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations (F&O) solutions for Microsoft's strategic enterprise customers.
You will play a key role in the entire project life cycle covering analysis, design, development, testing, and business integration for the delivery of customisations and technology integrations for Dynamics 365 F&O. You will be responsible for the overall technical solution and providing QA and oversight for onshore and offshore technical delivery teams including ISVs and subcontracted Microsoft partners.
You will own the technical elements of the end-to-end solution design for prospective and existing customers to ensure delivered solutions are implemented in a cost effective, quality, controlled manner that satisfies the customer’s functional, technical and business requirements. You will also take part in program quality assessment engagements for Microsoft customers.
You will be required to:
- Make key contributions to the lifecycle stages of a Dynamics 365 Solution (Assessment, Design, Development, Deployment, Testing, Operations and Diagnostics);
- Contribute to program quality assessment engagements for Microsoft customers;
- Utilise the Microsoft BI suite, MS SQL Server and SSRS reporting services to manage the reporting lifecycle (Report Design, Creation, Publishing, Subscription, Alerts);
- Develop custom Dynamics 365 forms, screens, views, workflows and reports using the product as well as the SDK and Developer Toolkits; and,
- Perform data migrations and integration mappings using SQL Integration Services, Scribe or Web Services, middleware such as WCF or BizTalk Server.
- Design integration for Dynamics 365 F&O and customer surrounding systems both o- premises and in the cloud. Leverage integration middleware such as Azure Integration Services for orchestration.
This is a high visibility role, both internally and externally and to be effective you will need a proven background in successfully managing multi-phase/multi-dimensional/multi-resource projects to conclusion while maintaining high customer satisfaction. The role requires an individual who is resourceful, confident under pressure, and has demonstrated skill in both crisis management and expectation management. You will be able to deliver effective strategic presentations to audiences of all sizes and possess excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
You will work hand in hand with Project Managers, Program managers and Pursuit leads to ensure successful delivery and project go-lives. You will support the achievement of several performance scorecards and key performance indicators directly or through collaboration with other roles in services, and sales
Experience required for this role includes:
- Engagement / Stakeholder management
- Proven Technical Team Leadership (3+ people)
- Successfully demonstrated leadership in 5+ ERP for enterprise class customers
- Excellent Communication (up / down/ peers)
- Proven track level in business domain & technical conversation
- Previous track record delivering the full project life cycle
Core accountabilities required skills are as follows:
- Overall technical responsibility for Project Delivery
- Scope development and management
- Work with Project Manager to resolve any project Issues
- Assist Project Manager to minimize project risks
- Oversee deliverables from partner, subcontractor and MS resources
- Lead daily scrums
- Engage with CXO’s to deliver workshops and /or POCs
- Contribute to Microsoft internal reporting, work orders and amendments
- Develop Technical Quality plan standards and test procedures
- Facilitate peer reviews
- IP Reuse and creation
What skills do you need to have?
- This role requires relevant working experience including expertise in Enterprise ERP implementations as well as application deployment and/or distributed system implementation.
- Qualifications include hands-on experience with multi-phase, global, enterprise-wide ERP implementation with focus on presales/business development as well as engagement delivery.
- Current and deep experience with implementing large ERP solutions on the Microsoft Dynamics ERP platforms, or other large-scale ERP systems (e.g. SAP, Oracle/PeopleSoft, Lawson…).
- Understanding of competitive technology enables the Consultant to properly assess feasibility of migrating customer solutions from, and/or integrating with existing customer systems hosted on Microsoft or non-Microsoft platforms.
- Work experience should involve pre-sales support, technical consulting, solution design, project envisioning, planning, development, deployment, and management.
- Deep understanding of markets, customers and related technology; have the background to provide leadership in the practice and a demonstrated effectiveness in consulting and client management.
- Deep understanding of customer and partner business and IT environment, and have demonstrated skills creating architecture and deploying technology to solve business problems.
- Industry leading breadth knowledge of subject area, and have demonstrated analysis and communication skills connecting technology and business problems.
- Advanced domain knowledge in one or more vertical industries would also be an asset.
- Thee successful candidate will have a degree in Computer Science or Business Administration or equivalent work experience.
Team Culture and Support
Microsoft believes that by investing in our people and creating an inclusive environment, our team will do their best work. See our complete list of benefits and why we are recognised as an Endorsed Employer for Women by WORK180. Microsoft Benefits | WORK180 Endorsed Employer
Our mission is deeply inclusive. Inside Microsoft | Global Diversity and Inclusion at Microsoft
Even if you feel you may not meet 100% of the criteria, please apply. You may exceed your own expectations, or we may have another opportunity that suits your potential.While we’re not able to reach out directly to every applicant, we will always do our best to help you feel heard and supported throughout the experience.