Senior Regional Master Planner
Location: Remote - AU/NZ only
Job Type: Full time
Why Microsoft: Our love for innovation, technology and doing meaningful work, is at the heart of everything we do at Microsoft ANZ. It is a shared passion that inspires our team and customers to think bigger.
The Infrastructure Planning and Acquisition (IPA) organization is seeking a Senior PM to join Regional Master Planning team in support of the APAC regions. This role is responsible for aligning and maintaining long term infrastructure plans to support our rapidly scaling global data center infrastructure. The person in this role will create, maintain, and track regional master plans that include all long lead infrastructure including land, power, and network components for their regions. The right candidate will drive clarity and decisions across the team on infrastructure sourcing signals by integrating with the various demand and supply planning organizations, as well as with the engineering groups and business groups. In addition, the role will assist in process and systems optimization for the infrastructure planning process.
The purpose of this role
This role and the team are part of a critical function that will be the single point of contact for infrastructure sourcing teams and serve as the key interface between IPA and external partner teams.
This role will focus on collecting, maintaining, and providing market and supply intelligence to drive optimal long- term regional master plans, analysis of regional demand and supply inputs to arrive at optimal master plans, coordinating and driving infrastructure decisions to align on master plans, coordinating with finance on financial analysis and decision alignment, driving process and systems optimization for the infrastructure planning and execution process and also,
- Develop approaches and provide advanced technical guidance on building regional integrated infrastructure master plans – include land, permits, power and network infrastructure.
- Drive key decisions required for alignment on infrastructure plans
- Develop systematic process for creating, maintaining, tracking, and reporting on infrastructure plans
- Drive development of tools and systems requirements for infrastructure master planning/tracking
- Drive close collaboration with CO+I engineering teams on delivering systems and tools
- Serve as the interface between Infrastructure sourcing teams and demand / supply planning teams
What skills do you need to have?
There will be many opportunities for you to learn and grow into this role and Microsoft. However, to be able to best deliver on the purpose of this role, these are the core skills and experiences you should have on day one:
- Proven experience of cross functional program management, especially in a strategy, planning and decision-making environment
- Proven experience of data and analysis required for decision making
- Proven experience in process optimization and mapping processes to tools
- BS/BA/Engineering degree required
- Excellent communication skills to drive projects, and build buy-in and support
Background Check Requirements:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Team Culture and Support
Microsoft believes that by investing in our people and creating an inclusive environment, our team will do their best work. See our complete list of benefits and why we are recognised as an Endorsed Employer for Women by WORK180. Microsoft Benefits | WORK180 Endorsed Employer
Our mission is deeply inclusive. See Inside Microsoft | Global Diversity and Inclusion at Microsoft
Even if you feel you may not meet 100% of the criteria, please apply. You may exceed your own expectations, or we may have another opportunity that suits your potential. While we’re not able to reach out directly to every applicant, we will always do our best to help you feel heard and supported throughout the experience.
Please see our FAQs, Interview Tips and Accessibility Support