ASIA CSA Modern Work Timezone Leader
Location: Remote - AU/NZ only
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft is a company where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envision what can be, and take their careers to levels they can't achieve anywhere else. This is a world of more possibilities, more innovation, more openness, and sky's-the-limit thinking -- a cloud-enabled world.
At Microsoft we have unique capabilities to meet the needs of both individuals and organizations. We care deeply about taking our ideals and vision around the globe and making a difference in peoples' lives and organizations in all corners of the planet. Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet.
We are looking for someone to help customers undergo significant changes, assisting them in the way they work as the world continues to shift into a truly hybrid work model. Microsoft is at the forefront of this transformation, and we invite you to come and help organizations rethink aspects of their business in a way that sets them apart and sets their people up for success.
Are you insatiably curious? Do you embrace uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from your mistakes? Do you collaborate well with others, knowing that better solutions come from working together? Do you revere what humans dare to achieve, and are you motivated every day to empower others to achieve more through technology and innovation? Are you ready to join the team that is at the leading edge of Innovation at Microsoft?
The primary purpose of the Asia Time Zone sales leadership role is accountable for the overall performance of the Asia regional Modern Work business. The role is designed to provide deep business insight, senior leadership on business development strategies, develop talent / organizational capacity and provide direct “hands on” and specialized sales execution support to all sales teams across the geographies
The Time Zone leader will be an experienced business sales leader reporting directly to the Global Sales Leader for Modern Work, with dotted line accountability for the Modern Work STU leadership teams for individual Areas and subsidiaries across the Time Zone.
- Deliver success by building a team with empowerment and accountability:
- Model - Live our culture; Embody our values; Practice our leadership principles.
- Coach - Define team objectives and outcomes; Enable success across boundaries; Help the team adapt and learn.
- Care - Attract and retain great people; Know everyone’s capabilities and aspirations; Invest in the growth of others.
- Partnering w/ Time Zone, Area, Country, and Corp leadership to ensure strong Regional Business Performance across all areas and the long-term growth through driving Core and Growth Bets businesses.
- Face and Advocate for Microsoft’s Modern Work business with all appropriate internal and external stakeholders including analysts, press, trade conferences and partners.
- The center of gravity and leadership for all functional groups across Fast Track, Customer Success, Business Group, Digital sales, to bring the full strength of the teams together to support every Area to capture growth opportunities and gain market share for Modern Work business.
- Shephard customer/Partner Satisfaction - drive customer and partner satisfaction by understanding, interpreting and responding to customer/partner and market realities.
- Grow Share and Compete - ensure geo teams are focused and proactive in growing our share in the market faster than our key competitors.
- Hire, Retain, and Develop Great Talent - ensure sustainable organizational capability by designing and consulting on workforce development plans -prioritization of resource allocation, assessing performance, selecting and developing local talent
10+ years of experience:
- Solution sales for Collaboration and Communications solutions, Productivity solutions, Security Solutions, or similar business applications
- selling software-as-a-service or cloud-based business applications to enterprise customers.
- Identifying unique and complex business challenges and solutions, champion customer asks, blockers and escalations to progress deals faster into closure and inform the GTM strategy for Modern Work and Security sales motions
- Have a passion and skill for getting into the details to understand root cause behind issues and opportunities and possess the ability to turn deep business insight into actionable plans
- Leading best practice sharing across areas and Asia Time zone Regional communities to multiply the business impact in Modern Work.
- In driving new incubation solutions and landing at scale
- Leading multi-million-dollar deals requiring orchestration of large, dispersed, virtual teams composed of industry, solution, technical, licensing & legal team members.
- Demonstrated passion and commitment for customer success
- Demonstrated Sales and Sales Management experience in Industry-aligned Enterprise sales.
Deep Understanding of:
- Hybrid Work solutions including Collaboration, Communication, Productivity, and how they translate into business impact
- Experience in leading incubation solutions from infancy to scale.
- The telco, security, regulatory and compliance needs of global markets and Asia markets.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft’s commercial cloud offerings – including Microsoft 365, Unified Communications, Security and Devices
- Competitors and related ecosystems
- The latest business value selling methodologies, practices and technologies that drive sales prospecting and sales management in complex solution selling environments.
- Excels at developing strong relationships and leadership connections to understand customer needs.
- Adept at challenging perspectives with innovative ideas that reframes thinking about deriving value from Microsoft solutions.
- Strong presentation, white boarding, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated people leader able to coach and inspire a diverse team of Solution Sales and Pre- Sales Professionals.
- Strong negotiating skills
- Candidates should have demonstrated excellent business judgment and results across a range of disciplines including sales, marketing, finance and strategic planning.
- Must have excellent process discipline, milestone management and time management skills with strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Must think strategically about business issues and organizational strategy
- Creative thinker who can see “the big picture” and unite new and disparate ideas with practical plans, working comfortably in the face of ambiguity and in a matrixed enterprise organization
- Must demonstrate organization and process focused discipline; especially in areas of the business they do not directly own
- Have the ability to clearly prioritize and effectively manage multiple tasks and projects in parallel and effectively achieve results through a largely indirect group of internal Microsoft stakeholders
- Have strong networking and interpersonal skills.
- Possess the ability to build positive working relationships across organizational boundaries
- Have a proven ability to work effectively in a loosely structured team environment that demands a high degree of cooperation, flexibility, teaming, cross group and real-time responsiveness
- Possess excellent listening skills and proficient oral and written communications
- Have a passion and interest in multi-cultural issues, and the growing impact of developing economies on global business trends.
- Fluent English language abilities and excellent presentation skills required with some regional language speaking skills preferred
- The role will require travel
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.